Chapter 16 - A Mission

I'm in a dark room. I looked around, walked around, tried to feel something, anything. But, there was nothing. Was this oblivion?

Something shiny caught the corner of my eye. I turned and saw something glowing far ahead. As I moved closer towards it, it glowed brighter, stronger. Until I was only a few feet away, I realized the glowing thing was a red crystal. I took a step forward, then two then three, until it was so close, I could just reach out and grab it. And so I did. I tried to anyway. I reached out my hand, my fingers almost touching it, but doubled back on all fours on the floor.

In pain.

My head.

Every part of my body.

But, mostly my head. That's where it hurt the most.

I grunted.

I looked at it with bloodshot eyes and clenched my fists. What was happening to me? Was Snoke doing this?

Then, I saw it. Saw him. Kylo Ren. He was in the crystal. Then he moved and I saw myself in the crystal too.

"Snoke's going to kill me either way."

"I won't let that happen."

"We have to get that crysal, Paige!"

"I'm not killing you!"

"I assume you won't let me kill you?"

"You can't even stand. And that's a no."

I was too fixated on watching the scene that I hadn't noticed that I wasn't in pain anymore. I wanted to see more. Wanted to grab the thing and watch what was going to happen. Whether it was showing me the future or just a madeup story, I didn't care. What was this crystal?

I pushed myself up and quickly walked towards the crystal. My hand reaching out, but as soon as I grabbed it, it was gone.

"No!"

***

I woke up.

My quest to testing how much pain my body can endure right after healing seemed to be at a pause. When I woke up, I was in the infirmary, hooked up to the same machine as before. Only this time, I had bandages on my leg and arm. I tried to move but as I did, pain shot through me like a thousand needles at the back of my head, I pushed myself up until I could manage a sitting position and laid back, my chest heaving as I just finished my excruciating endeavor. The machine beside me had started to beep loudly ever since I moved and so a droid went in. 

"Ah! You're awake, miss!" it stepped towards the machine and printed out a piece of paper again.

"Judging from this, I am to not discharge you just yet, lightsaber wounds take more time to heal, you see. And you took quite the hits." He gestured at my bandages.

I pursed my lips and tried to move my numb leg, I felt it a bit, but not as strong as before.

"May I see the wounds?" I asked.

The droid hesitated for a second but answered:

"Oh very well, I guess your bandages do need changing."

It walked towards the machine and pushed a button, the bottom part of the machine pushed out a compartment filled with medic supplies. The droid took out some fresh cloth bandages, alcohol, gauze, and cotton. It turned to me and reluctantly undid the old bandage on my arm. When it was off, I saw how bad the damage was. The wound was so deep and so large it nearly occupied my entire upper arm, and I swear only one layer of muscle was left separating my bone from being exposed. I gulped.