Chapter 4 - Bound Again

I woke up with a jolt. Gasping for breath. I was on the chair again. The room was neat again. Everything in it's proper place.

Had it all been a dream?

"Not letting you go again."

I turned to where the voice came from. To my right stood the general, arms folded, wearing nothing but black pants.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"You tried to kill me."

So it hadn't been a dream.

"I didn't know that would happen." I mumbled. "Actually, I didn't know anything would happen."

"Well, clearly a lot would happen if I let you off this chair. Not making that mistake again."

I sighed. It was probably for the best. He was right. I could have killed him. But there was something else. Did he know I had... perhaps, the force? Was that the force? Did I have it? Was I force-sensitive? And if so, how did he know calming me down would somehow stop my hold on him? Was he force-sensitive as well? But that couldn't be. If he was, he could've held me down with no stress.

So how...?

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"How did I know what?" He quirked up an eyebrow.

"How did you know that calming me down would stop... it?"

I didn't really know if it really was the force, and I wasn't going to assume. I was no professional.

"You're not the only force-sensitive, tantrum-throwing... individual I've dealt with."

"I'm force-sensitive?" I blurted out.

"Yes" He walked towards my front "I would have thought you'd realized that by now."

"I didn't know I had it. I never thought someone like me would-"

"Well it seems to have a knack in choosing those with disciplinary issues." He said with a scowl.

"Was it you that was trying to calm me down the entire time?" I asked, remembering the apparition of my dad. I had to know... was it really him? Or was I just hallucinating.

"Of course it was me, who else could it have been?"

Oh

"Nothing. No one. Never mind." I mumbled.

Silence fell. At this point neither of us didn't have anything more to say. Well, I still had a ton of questions. But, I was too tired I didn't know if I could listen if he'd answer them. Nevertheless, I must know a few things.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"Thirteen hours" he answered, almost mechanically.

"Thirteen? How did I black out in the first place?" I didn't really remember how I blacked out. Did I faint?

"I hit you in the head with the lightsaber you were holding." A small smile escaped his lips, which he quickly erased and went back to his demeaning stature.

"Oh... thanks, I guess?"

I didn't even know why I was thanking him. Maybe it was better he knocked me out? So I didn't do more damage? He didn't respond. Instead, he turned away from me and walked towards his desk, which was a few feet away from the chair I was currently bound to. I saw him trying desperately to file them hastily. I remembered I had been the one that put them out of order. I winced at the thought that he'd start his work all over because of me.

"Sorry" I whispered.

He looked up at me, his expression unreadable. He didn't say anything though, and continued filing papers. I couldn't do anything but watch him work.

I hadn't really been paying attention to what he looked like until now. He wasn't wearing anything on top. He just had those black military pants on. I stared him up and down, from his fiery hair down to his porcelain feet. His torso was well-built but slim. His arms too, and those hands. They were a work of art. All in all, he wasn't half bad.

"I'm flattered, but I would highly appreciate it if you'd stop staring." He muttered.

My eyes widened and I quickly looked away. From the corner of my eye I saw him quirk up a smile, but as quickly as it came, it went away. I didn't have anything else to do as I was bound to the chair, so I just stared at my lap the entire time. The sound of papers being moved about filled the entire room.

"I'm sorry about your father." He said, quietly.

I looked up at him. He was still focused on the papers. I didn't know how to respond to that.

"My men are trained and programmed from birth to eliminate anything that gets in the way of our plans you see. Your planet was being uncooperative. Naturally, we had to take matters into hands."

"Innocent lives were lost." I said, disrupting his speech. He was not going to justify destroying an entire planet, my home, to me. He looked up at me, stopping what he was doing.

"A shame, really."

"You didn't have to destroy the entire planet!" I seethed.

He was silent for a while, then continued on with his work.

"Again, I'm sorry about your father."

"Why keep me alive?" I asked.

If my entire planet had died because they were being uncooperative, why was I being exempted? Why was I stuck here, alive?

"Because the Supreme Leader would like to see you."

Supreme Leader. Their leader? Why would he want to see me?

"Why would he want to see me?"

"I told him what you were capable of. And he became interested in you."

Terrific. The enemy leader wants to collect me.

"Am I to be one of your soldiers?" I asked.

He stopped filing and looked me straight in the eye, those hazel eyes boring into my soul. He held my gaze for a while, his expression stoic. I felt rather awkward.

"Would you like that?" He mumbled.

I didn't answer. Would I like it? He wouldn't like the answer. There was no way I was going to be part of the group that killed my father.

"I don't know what the Supreme Leader wants done with you, but rest assured it won't be turning you into a stormtrooper."

He stared at me again for a long while before going back to his papers.

"Besides, with your... reactions to things, you'd probably kill an entire platoon."

I nodded.

"I guess I'll just have to wait, huh?" I said.

"You don't seem very afraid."

"I've got nothing to lose."

The general looked up at me and for the first time, I saw a sliver of human emotion in his eyes. Sympathy. He quickly shook it off and continued on his work.

"Don't worry, whatever it is he plans, I'm sure you won't be subject to termination." He muttered under his breath.

Of course