Chapter 15 - Supreme Leader Snoke

"Lesson's over."

Over? So, I can go?

I took a step back and looked around awkwardly. Where do I go? I didn't exactly know how to get to my cell. My thoughts were stopped when I heard someone clearing their throat.

"Sir"

We both turned to see a man not wearing a stormtrooper uniform. Must be an official.

"Supreme leader Snoke wants to see you."

Without another word, Ren turned from me and walked.

"I also found this" the officer held out Ren's mask, it was dented a bit at the bottom from where I had hit it.

Ren grabbed it, placed it back on his head, and continued walking.

"He said to bring the girl, sir."

That made him stop in his tracks. He looked back and pointed at me.

"You." He said "Follow me."

Okay, that was rude.

"I'm your student, not some droid." I said, crossing my arms.

"Follow. Me."

I stayed silent and raised an eyebrow. We both stayed like that for a long minute. I was not going to let him treat me like that. I knew my rights, I am not their prisoner. Snoke believes I'm valuable and he better remember that. The messenger coughed a bit and shuffled his feet awkwardly.

"Please" he glared.

I nodded and marched towards him. The area around us was ice cold as we walked towards wherever there supreme leader was. We walked through a lot of hallways and corridors until we approached a door. Ren pushed a button and it opened, it was an elevator. We both went it and waited as it closed and moved down.

There was an awkward silence before Ren finally spoke up, surprising me, because I was expecting a silent trip.

"When we get to Supreme Leader Snoke-"

He stopped suddenly, like he was debating on whether what he was going to tell me was something he should or not. After a long pause, he finally continued.

"Keep your walls strong."

The elevator stopped, and right before the doors opened, he added:

"Stay close to me"

Then they opened and he marched on, me following him. I was still trying to process why Ren would want me to stay close. Was he feeling protective or possessive?

My mind was alerted as I heard a deep, menacing voice. I looked up to see a mere carcass of what used to be a man, their Supreme Leader wasn't just old, he was brittle and fragile. His appearance made clear the years that had abandoned him. But, I knew not to underestimate his power. He could break me in half with a snap of his fingers.

"So, this is the girl that has caused so much havoc in the atmosphere." He said.

I did what Ren told me and stayed close to him, my hands almost itching to grab his arm for comfort and reassurance of safety.

"The force screams from within you, child." He continued. "Come closer"

I glanced between Ren and Snoke. Although I couldn't see his eyes, I somehow knew they looked concerned. I could feel it. Slowly, I walked forward towards Snoke. I felt a gloved hand run through my arm as I walked past Ren, and I knew it was a sign of assurance. I barricaded my mind and thoughts from any disturbing probers, and that included Snoke. As I walked closer to his throne, I felt a sharp pang in my mind. Snoke had started trying to read me. Keeping a cool facade, I stopped right at the foot of his throne and looked up at him. He looked calm for a while, until he probably realized I was deliberately blocking him out of my mind. Snoke's face contorted into a scowl and he pushed farther, trying to look for a hole in my walls. I cocked my head to the side, studying his crooked features. The pain was beginning to grow, and I had to bite back a scream. I straightened up and pursed my lips, my head held high in utter defiance. After a long time, Snoke finally stopped. And I felt a wave of relief suddenly rush through me, so strong that I had stumbled forward on all fours on the foot of his throne. I panted for breath, my arms shaking and my head dripping beads of sweat.