Prologue

Micheal and Lucinda Prime walked down the halls of a secret lab, in a secret room, under a not-so-secret building. they came to a set of double doors. Micheal stopped his wife before they entered through. 

"Lucinda," he said, "are you sure we should do this? It's too dangerous on many different levels." 

"Not doing this will be too dangerous" she replied firmly. "This is our future, This is all we have left, we need to be protected" With one last look at her husband Lucinda pushed opened the doors and walked in, Micheal following close behind her. 

"Dr Farnum," she said to the middle-aged man in the centre of the room. The man looked up from the computer and made a show of looking happy to see them.  

"Mrs Prime, how lovely it is to see you. I hope you are doing well."

"Cut the formalities, Farnum." His wife said harshly, "We want to see the study that we are so generously funding." 

This had the man shaking, something must have been wrong with the research. 

"But Mrs Prime, I don't think that is a good idea, the test subjects-"

"I didn't come here to hear your excuses. Show. Us. Now" 

Farnum sighed but took them to another set of doors. After Farnum's fingerprint was read they were allowed in. 

They pasted though many empty cells and corridors. before coming to a cell with two 5-year-olds inside. 

"The Protector Program has had its many flaws, for example, It's stubbornness to only attach to twins. As if it needs both life forces to work. But the program has been successful otherwise, with the volunteers both having enhanced predator instinct and an intelligence level far greater than most of the scientists in this lab." Farnum said.

"So they are robots?" Lucinda stated.

"No, not robots, but something far greater" Farnum answered.

"And other than these enhanced features," Michael said, "Is there any other way to tell if someone is this?" He asked gesturing towards the boys. 

"Yes, there is, when the program is inserted inside the brain it reacts with a few different things that I wouldn't bore you with the details, but it turns the eyes electric blue. "

And sure enough, when the couple looked into the twins eyes, they found the brightest blue eyes staring back at them. 

"We have six-year-olds twins," Lucinda began before her husband interrupted her, but she shot him down with a look. "I will bring them in tomorrow, I want you to give them these abilities, and then teach them how to control it. You will have six months to do so." 

"Are you sure that this is what you want to do to your daughters Mrs Prime?" Farnum asked.

"Yes," she said "If it means keeping this entire family safe, then yes. Oh and Farnum, I don't think you should call it the Protector Program anymore."

"What do you think we should call it then," He said.

"Gemini" she declared and then walked out of the lab. 

A/N This is a new story I am writing about twins. This will be more of a science fiction story then my normal fantasy genres.  The more you vote, the more I post. Bye.