0.54 || REAL LIFE

Two days before Christmas Eve, Sarah had agreed to take them all skating. They had all piled into their respected cars and driven towards the frozen late 10 minutes away from their cabin.

"Did we bring hot chocolate?" Jessica asked no one in particular as she rubbed her hands together, trying to warm them up.

"There's four thermos' full in the back of the car," Sarah answered without looking away from the road ahead.

"Thanks Momma Harper," Monty yawned while rubbing his eyes. Lottie watched her mother glance at them in the rear view mirror and smile. In their car was Monty, herself, Sarah, Jessica and Hannah. Tony had taken Clay, Justin, Sheri, and Ryan. Maggie and Dom were in their car with Zach and Jeff.

"Could you turn the heat up please?" Hannah mumbled tiredly, resting her head on Jessica's shoulder.

"You don't need to ask twice," Lottie assured her friend, tucking her hands beneath the blanket on her lap.

Monty yawned loudly and stretched his arms out, resting them above his head. "Are we there yet?"

"Has the car stopped yet?" Sarah asked rhetorically.

Monty opened his mouth to respond, then closed it. "Dammit," he muttered, pulling his phone off the charging cord. Lottie watched him through the rear view mirror as he raised his brows and smirked. "Justy posted something on Instagram for you, Lottie."

Lottie pulled out her phone, her brows furrowed.