0.18 || REAL LIFE

Justin continued to come to her house every day that week. By Friday, she easily considered him to be one of her best friends. By Friday, she didn't even bother to get up and let him in.

"I'm here!" She heard him call. Lottie sneezed in response. Justin came wandering into the living room moments later, one eyebrow raised. "Sorry," she smiled sheepishly. Justin rolled his eyes and tossed her a small bag of Star Bursts.

"As long as you don't sneeze on me, we're good," he chuckled. He put a DVD in the player, only swearing at it once. Lottie laughed quietly and tossed a pillow at him as he sat down.

Justin stuck out his tongue childishly before pulling out a bag of Doritos for himself.

• • • • •

"Shuffle," she muttered tiredly, moving across the large armchair. Justin held his arms up as she made herself comfortable. When she'd finally settled down, her body rested between his legs with her head was positioned comfortably on his hip.

"Are you happy now?" He chuckled, pressing play for the Game of Thrones episode.

"You're warm," Lottie mumbled sleepily. "I'm not." Justin patted her head gently before moving her hair away from her face.

"You you want another blanket?" He asked her softly, and Lottie shook her head.

"I'm okay," she yawned. "I'm sorry if I fall asleep."

Justin ran an absent minded hand through her hair. "Don't worry about it, you need the rest." When the only answer he got was a soft snore, he smiled.

He rubbed her shoulder gently, then frowned. He felt a slight bump. Justin pulled back the shoulder of her shirt, carefully making sure he didn't unintentionally see anything, and squinted his eyes.

It was a scar.

It looked fairly old, as if it had faded over time. It was roughly the length of his finger, and was fairly thin.

As the episode played, Lottie woke up on and off with quiet mumbles. Justin handed her Kleenex as she needed it, and even went as far as making the two of them canned tomato soup.

But he didn't forget the scar.

As Justin sat back down, and Lottie shuffled back into the position they'd started in, a soft smile formed on his lips. He pulled his phone off the coffee table and snapped a quick picture.