coincidences

Hiccup couldn't believe it. He knew that he recognized her name, but he thought she was a reporter or a blogger or something.

He liked the fact that she didn't know who he was. She talked to him like a normal person, and that was something he missed. The first time in a long time he felt like he could really befriend someone and of course she had be his manager.

"Astrid?" Hiccup stood up from the couch. "You're Astrid Hofferson? The manager Astrid Hofferson?"

"And you're Hiccup. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III? The famous singer Hiccup Horrendous Hadd- screw it it's too long. Why didn't you tell me? I knew I recogized you." Astrid crossed her arms.

"I wanted to but, you know better than anyone how that can change things."

Before she could respond, another guy, this one with black hair and blue eyes cut in. "You two know each other?"

"Sort of." Hiccup said.

Everyone's gaze shifted from Hiccup to Astrid.

"We met on the plane." she said quickly.

"Well then, introduce me to this beauty." Snotlout nudged Hiccup.

"Shut up, Snotlout. She's way out of your league." Someone else spoke up. "Besides it's obvious Hiccup has a thing for her."

"Tuffnut!!!" Hiccup practically shrieked, turning pink.

The group went on bickering so loudly they didn't notice the door open. A man with a bushy red beard walked in.

"Astrid, it is an absolute honor to finally meet you."

"Stoick, I presume."

"Guilty." He smiled warmly. "I'm so glad you're here, you know. It was Eret here who suggested we move on from the company we had to yours."

"Well, when I heard that the Astrid Hofferson was in between clients I knew we had to at least try. You worked wonders for Lady Mala, and I knew that if anyone could whip these boys into shape, it'd be you."

"You're too kind, and really she was already talented when I met her she just needed a push."

"You certainly were the right push for her, hopefully for these guys too. I have high hopes for you." Stoick added. His phone started ringing and when he read the name he winced and said, "I need to take this. Investors." He walked out of the room speaking a stale greeting into the phone.

"Do you want to get started?" Eret asked.

"I'd like to wait for Stoick, but I guess we can." Astrid set her bag down on a nearby chair.

"So, Astrid right?" Snotlout interrupted. "You're new to Los Angeles and well, I've lived here for quite some time now, so if you ever need a tour you know where to find me."

"Back off, Snotlout." Eret stepped into the space between him and Astrid.

"Watch yourself, Son of Eret." He huffed.

"Are they always like this?" She asked Eret.

"Yeah, pretty much." He answered.

"How do they get anything done with all this arguing?"

"You've really never dealt with groups before, have you?"

Astrid shrugged. "Not directly. Why Don't We toured with Mina for a few months but I never really had the pleasure of seeing their management in action. There was a lot going on."

"Well, welcome to the world of bands." Eret smiled.

"So is there any reason I should be worried about them killing me in my sleep?" Astrid joked.