So That Was Alright

"So that was alright?" he asked again, wanting to make sure. She nodded, starting to look exasperated.

"Yes, Wesley," she said once more. Wesley was satisfied. Last time he'd kissed her, he'd been unsure to say the least; he wanted to make sure he hadn't offended her by being too forward. She'd made it very clear, though, that that was not the case, so he kissed her again - still on her left cheek, because he was right-handed, and he didn't want to mess up leaning to the left and accidentally head butt her.

She leaned him and kissed him on his right cheek. He took a few moments to do a deep analysis into what this could mean, but this analysis was interrupted when she kissed him on the mouth.

It was so quick he almost didn't notice she'd done it. Her cheeks turned a deep red, which was a bizarrely perfect contrast to her milk-white skin.

"I'm sorry," she said, though she didn't seem it. "I don't know what came over me-" he cut her off, kissing her again on the mouth, but this time for slightly longer, so that their lips could actually touch.

"You were my first kiss, Wesley," she said with a contagious smile.

"You were mine," he replied without missing a beat. She furrowed her brow.

"You never kissed Carolina?" she asked in a voice filled with hope.

"No," he responded honestly. "She wanted to wait until we were engaged." Wesley bit his lip guiltily. That part was... less honest. In truth, she had kissed him in a few places that weren't his mouth, and vice versa. He'd been the one that had wanted to wait to kiss on the mouth until they were engaged, something he probably would have wanted with Elizabeth, too, if there was any possibility of marriage.

Suddenly, he had a brilliant idea. "Let's get married!" he shouted excitedly. She laughed for a second, and then, seeing that he was serious, became confused.

"What?" she asked, searching his face for the motive behind what must have seemed to her like a cruel joke.

"I'm sorry," he said quickly. "I'm so stupid. Will you marry me?" Her jaw dropped. He silently cursed himself, and slid off the bed to kneel on one knee.

"Okay. Take three. Elizabeth I-don't-know-your-middle-name-but-I'm-sure-it's-as-beautiful-as-you-are Conway, will you do me the honor of being my wife?"

"My middle name's Catharynn. And I want to, but I won't," she said. "Because last I checked, you have to be alive to get married."

"We don't have to be legally married," he explained. "It's about the promise to each other. We'll act out as much of the ceremony as we can remember, and then we'll be as married to each other as we need. We'll be together forever, and live happily ever after." When he said this, his heart swelled with such giddy excitement that he knew he probably looked like a small child opening Christmas presents.

"Yes," Elizabeth said after a brief hesitation. "Let's get married."

They found a pair of scissors in a drawer, and used it to cut off a little of Elizabeth's dress at the bottom, exposing her ankles. They used the fabric to make a bridal veil. They also borrowed a Book of Common Prayer. Wesley then stood at one end of his small bedroom while Elizabeth beamed at him from about five paces away.

She may not have been wearing white, or holding flowers, but Elizabeth was by far the most beautiful bride Wesley had seen in his life.

"I'll be the priest," he volunteered. She nodded.

"I've never been to a wedding, so I wouldn't know what I was doing anyways," she admitted. He opened up the book to the "Solemnization of Matrimony" and scanned it briefly so that he'd know which parts he could skip.