O N E - Running

"I know you do"

.
.
.

I used to run around in school looking for something to do with all my time, but now in my second last year– I feel absolutely terrified of all the pressure and school activities pushing me down.

I'm a part of the running club and have been fourth best at most, but I still like to acknowledge my accomplishment... Though it doesn't make up for the immense anxiety that creep up in me before any big test— However, just as many others in this grade, the stress is completely eating me up from the inside.

What am I going to do after? Will I continue studying? Work?

I don't know... and thats my biggest worry.

When the freshman year started, I had imagined myself going to an awesome university in the future. With amazing scores and maybe some wins in the basketball I used to play. All of that soon ended when I got in an accident and afterwards realized that I lost a lot of my natural talent.

I've lost my only passion and I have nothing to make up for it... especially not since my grades are barely scraping by.

At the current time, I have a somewhat average working ethic and good [though different] shape. I would describe myself as a lot skinnier now... my body isn't exactly in its best shape, so to speak.

—"Yoonie?" I look up to see my best friend trying to grab my attention.

"Yes Jimin?" I say quizzically and he sighs for what seems to be the hundredth time.

"I hate this ball, like... don't we have enough on our plates already?!" He whines and I nod agreeing to his words.

"Even though I hate it, we really need to work on these decorations... having some balloons isn't enough" he continue to exclaim and I groan tiredly.

"Another friend of mine still has a disco ball, but I'm still not sure if he'll lend it to me" I speak up and stretch my arms in front of me. We've been going through these details ever since school ended, a couple of hours ago.

After a minute he looks over to me again. "Are you sleeping over?" He questions as he also glances over to the clock, which blares mid night in red neon numbers.

"I guess" I shrug and my friend nods approvingly, before standing up from the messy floor, completely covered in plans and ideas.

–Jimin pulls out my extra bed and flops onto it. "I could fall asleep right here and now" he comments, while staring up at the ceiling and I throw a random book at him.

"Then I'll steel your bed!" I shout excitedly and start sprinting towards it, all the while I can see how his facial expression changes from tired to fight mode in a matter of milliseconds.

I jump on it, sprawling out my whole body and he quickly comes over— starting to attack me with tickles, in order to try and get me off of it.

We laugh, rolling around and down onto the floor until Jimin's parents loudly tell us to "SHUT IT" and we eventually fall asleep beside one another, on the middle of the floor.

.
.
.

The next day I groggily wake up at around four thirty and I curse myself under my breath. I will probably have back pains for over a month now...

Stupid floor.

I sigh and let a big yawn escape my mouth, before I stand up from the hard floor with a grunt. Jimin's still spread out like butter on bread, with his arms and legs all over our previous night's work.

I [with some struggle] manage to pick him up and carry his tired body to his bed, so that I can clean up all the papers...

Why are we never more organised?

They need to be sent to the official ball-committee by lunch or we'll be royally screwed...

How did we end up saying yes to this task? Right... Jimin can't say no to that Jin dude.

I take a quick bath, scrubbing my tail— all the while I prepare myself for the day and then finish off by pouring up a glass of strawberry milk.

After two hours Jimin finally wakes up and looks over at me like a dead animal, with doozy and puffy eyes.

"I hate you" he croaks out with his somehow dark morning voice, which I've grown to enjoy during our many years together.

"I know" I comment, all the while he literally falls out of his bed. I open the blinds so that the sun could light up the room and he immediately groans angrily. Cursing underneath his breath as he eyes his room.

"I hate Wednesdays" my best friend mutters venomously, hitting the mattress underneath him and I grin.

"I know you do" I muse while he picks himself up, kicking a sock thats just laying on the now visible rug.

–Jimin has always had a bad morning temper and I? Well I also do, but anyone would be seemingly happy compared to Jimin, so I've learned to handle him.

Number one, never ever say anything against him, it doesn't matter if it is the morning or not.

Number two, never try to make a come back or he'll attack you.

And number three, always, always check so that he gets his morning strawberry milk or he'll be grumpy all day.

Jimin reaches his hand out and I give him the glass which I've already prepared beforehand.

"I hate that we picked PE this year, it is the worst!" he frowns and I only shrug it off. He can't really say anything... he was the one who forced me into it. Not that I'd pick something else, 'cause I would wanna be with him no matter what club.

"Shouldn't you take your bath you little mershit?" my best friend hisses at me after a minute or two and I snicker at his never ending nicknames.

"This merman has already taken a bath, thank you very much" I comment and he rolls his eyes in a heavy sulk.

"Dress" I demand, while throwing a pair of trousers and his favourite top at him and he catches them swiftly. My best friend stands up and stretches his arms– his muscles tensing underneath his sleeping wear and I force myself to look over at the drawers.

Jimin drags out the little time we have left before school and then slowly dresses himself, not even caring if I see him...

We've known each other for forever and to top it off, he's asexual so we could never work, not to mention I do not wanna have to wake him up for the rest of my life...

But that doesn't really mean that I don't feel a sort of weird attraction to him.

.
.
.

//AN: Okay, so a new book is in the making~ I've got some things planned, but its still quite open!! (^^)