Chapter 11: The Final Fight (1)

Enjoy. . .

---------------------------------------

Steve landed the jet slowly on the ground then turned to Bucky.

"It's time. Wake her up" He told him.

Bucky walked to Ruby who was asleep on the floor. He bent down in front of her and shook her slowly. She opened her sleepy eyes and got up then yawned. It had been a really long time since she slept and when she used her powers it just made her more exhausted.

"God....can I have five more minutes?" She asked with a yawn.

"Come on, Ruby." Bucky said and pulled her off the floor. "We need to go"

He went to the guns and took one while Steve opened the hanger. Ruby rubbed her eyes and tried to get rid of the exhausting sensation from her body, but it didn't work that much. She put on her glasses and made her way next to Bucky and Steve at the hanger of the jet.

"What was her name?" Bucky said ongoing the conversation he was having with Steve.

"Dolores. You called her Dot" Steve said as Ruby stood behind them and turned her glasses into a mask.

"God she's gotta be 100 years right now" Bucky chuckled   

"So are we, pal" Steve said and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Gosh, you're old" Ruby scored and passed through them.

Bucky and Steve followed behind her and then stood in front of 2 heavy metal doors which were slightly opened.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours" Steve stated.

"Long enough to wake them up" Bucky said and entered the secret base.

"Let's hope he didn't" Ruby said and held on the wall for support.

"Maybe it wasn't a good idea bringing you along." Steve said.

"I'm fine!" She hissed at him. "It's just I'm a bit worn out. That's it!"    

They walked together until they found an elevator and got in. As it came to a stop Steve lifted the elevator door and Ruby whispered.

"This place is ancient."

"Shhhh....be quite" Steve hushed her from in front.

"Why am I behind you?" She complained.

"We're protecting you-" Bucky said as a loud thud was heard from a metal door. 

Bucky raised his gun and Steve does with his shield. Ruby looked at them and when the door began to creak she raised her hands up too. The door opened and out came Iron Man, but they all held their guards. Iron Man's mask slides into the suit and Tony's face appear. As he walks to them Ruby slowly lowers her arm.

"You seem a little defensive" Tony said as he looked around.

"It's been a long day" Steve said while walking towards him.

"At ease, Solider I'm not currently after you" Tony said when he saw Bucky with his gun pointed at him.

"What do you mean?" Ruby said stepping from behind Bucky.

"Ruby..... God.....you're ok" Tony said and walked to hug her. He squeezes her then looked at her. "When I didn't find you at the airport I thought you ran away"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine" She said then slowly loses balance and leans on Tony. "Well kinda fine. But why are you here?"

"Could be your story's not so crazy" Tony said "Maybe...... Ross has no idea I'm here and I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise I gotta arrest myself"