Leah's Secret Ch. 19

Chapter Nineteen

Lewis wasn't too surprised when Leah walked back into the room. She sat down in the corner right next to the door. No one asked her if she was alright, or what she was doing. She just sat down in the corner with her legs pulled close to her chest.

"Leah?" Lewis finally asked.

"Before they take me in," Leah whispered, "I want you to know, I'm sorry."

"No one cares," Alex shouted.

Leah started to cry, and hid her face from them to see.

Lewis heard someone shouting upstairs, and he quickly looked at his brother- Tricia had passed out just a few seconds ago. "HEEEELLLLLPPPPP," Alex shouted, as a vein popped out on his neck. "HEEEELLLLLLPPPPP," Alex repeated.

Lewis joined in with a, "SOMEEEONNEE THEREEE?"

Both brothers heard the pounding of feet as people stormed down the steps. "HEELLLLPPP," They both screamed together.

The door flew open in the other direction Leah was sitting in, and three police officers came storming in with guns held out in their hands. Lewis knew they must have looked horrible. Alex wasn't too bad, just a few bruises and his head was bleeding, but you could hear his stomach rumble from miles away. Tricia was bleeding all over- her head and her face and even her wrists, and to top it all off she was passed out. Of course Lewis was bad too, because he had cut marks all over his body.

"Nobody moves," One police officer shouted. It was Robly.

"Officer Robly," Alex said, with a small smile. Robly looked over at Alex, and his eyebrows shot up. "Can I just say one thing?" Alex asked, "I told you so."

All three officers looked around the room, and saw Leah huddled in a corner. Robly grabbed her by her elbows, and yanked her off of the ground. They jerked her hands behind her back, and cuffed her. "Please," She cried, "I didn't mean to I swear! It was a mistake!"

"No it wasn't," Alex shouted.

"It's alright, Alex," Lewis whispered, "We're getting out of here. It's alright."

Alex looked at his brother, and let out a small sigh. "You're right," He muttered. The police took the keys from Leah, and un-cuffed everyone; first Lewis, then Alex, and then Tricia. Lewis got up from the floor, and walked over to his brother. He threw his arms around him, and they hugged in what seemed like forever.

"I'm sorry," Alex cried, "I'm really sorry."

Lewis didn't care though, he just held his brother because his brother needed him. By now Alex was crying, and Lewis didn't care, and Alex knew that. They pulled apart, and smiled at each other.

Then Tricia moaned, and they both walked over to her. Lewis kissed her on the head, and smoothed out her bloody hair. "Let's bring her outside," Lewis whispered. Alex nodded, and they both carried her upstairs, following the police and Leah.

They all walked out of the house and into the bright sun. "LEWIS! ALEX! TRICIA!" Marie screamed. Lewis watched as she pushed past police officers, as they tried to hold her back. "Those are my children," She yelled, "Let me through! Let me through! Those are my children!!"

"Let her go guys," An officer yelled. Ms. Collins pushed past them anyway, and ran to her children. She embraced them in a big hug.

"Oh my God," She cried, "Oh my God!" She kissed them all on the forehead, and when she pulled away she had tears sliding down her cheeks. "Tricia, Tricia?" Marie called, lifting her daughters chin up.