Leah's Secret Ch. 10

Chapter Ten

Alone. Lewis was alone, and it freaked him out. The house was quiet, and he was afraid of it. It scared him, and he didn't know what to do. Lewis beat himself over the fact that Alex was taken away from him right under his nose!

Lewis wanted to call his Mom, but she was a night time nurse, and it was hard to get in touch with her. Plus, this would crush her. Lewis remembered when he was little, and could hear the screams, and panting of his Mother when his Father left.

These thoughts haunted his mind forever.

He had to sit alone in his house, and he just stared at his wall when he did, feeling everything was his fault. It was his entire fault, and nothing anyone could say would make him feel better. He had lost his two siblings, without a clue on where they could be. He knew Leah for awhile, and now he felt betrayed by her. She was messed up, and crazy, and Lewis knew why.

Leah was the kind of girl who was sweet on the outside, but very secretive about her private life. When it came to her life at home she would clamp her mouth shut, and ignore the questions. The thing was though, Lewis knew her secrets, the ones if she could, she would lock up in a vault with laser beams, and guard dogs. Was that the reason why she loathed Lewis now? Or was it because she knew Lewis' weakness?

Then someone knocked on the door.

Lewis jumped, and stared at the front door. The person knocked again. Hesitantly, Lewis went to the front door, and opened it. Leah stood there in front of him in baggy jeans, a red t-shirt, and her hair in a ponytail. "Lewis," She said in a cold voice, it kind of sounded like a sigh.

"What do you want?" Lewis snapped, blocking her way inside.

Leah ignored him though, and pushed past him. Lewis stood there shocked, as Leah picked at her nails. "How's it going, Little Lewis?" She asked.

"Where are Alex and Tricia?" Lewis snapped, slamming the front door.

"There in my safe keeping," She said, smiling at Lewis.

"Tell me where they are," Lewis yelled, "Leah, tell me!"

"No way José," She sang, "But I'll let you know as soon as possible as soon as one of them dies."

"WHAT?" Lewis screamed, and he charged towards Leah, pinning her against the wall, "Yeah freaky woman. I hope you drop dead!"

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me," She said in a sing song voice, and then pushed Lewis away- hard. He stumbled back, and fell to the floor. "Does it hurt Lewis? Does it hurt to be alone?"

Lewis just stared up at her.

"I bet it does," She whispered, "Imagine being alone for 9 years, Lewis. NINE YEARS!"

"That was your choice," Lewis shouted, "You disappeared. Don't go and blame this on someone else when this is all your fault. You chose to hide. You chose to disappear from humanity. This is no one else's but your fault!"

"Shut your mouth," She snapped, grabbing the closest thing to her- a picture frame- and smashing it to the ground, "You don't know one thing about me! Don't speak unless you know something besides your guesses!!"

"This is my house," Lewis screamed back, standing up, "You can't yell at me like that in my own house!"

"I'm older, and a legal adult, I can say whatever the freak I want to you!" She screamed, and slapped Lewis across the cheek. "Grow up, Lewis, Grow up!"

Lewis was angry now, he had never been so angry at Leah in his life. Even when Leah had disappeared, Lewis wasn't angry with her. When Leah kidnapped Tricia and Alex, he wasn't angry at her, but himself. Now that Leah had physically hurt him, he was angry.