Leah's Secret Ch. 9

Chapter Nine

Both of the Collins kids looked up at Leah, as she gave them a cold stare. Leah's dark brown hair, which was shorter when they were little, fell on Leah's shoulder, and just hung there- dead. Her dark brown eyes bore into them with confusion. "Eat," She ordered, "You'll become weak if you don't."

With that, she left the room.

"When do you think she's coming back?" Alex whispered, after the door was closed and locked.

Tricia shrugged, "Minutes, hours, possibly even days."

"Okay, let's just try to get these off of me," Alex hissed, "They're hurting my wrists."

"I know, I know," Tricia sighed, "But I don't know what to do. I'm so confused; so very confused."

"Hey, hey, hey," Alex said, "We'll get out of this."

"What if we don't?" Tricia asked, suddenly crying, "God, now I'm crying all of the time. I hate this!" She slammed the wall, but it did nothing.

"At least she didn't plan on starving us," Alex said, with a small shrug.

"I don't think she wants us dead," Tricia said, wiping the tears off of her cheeks, "And I'm going to figure out why. I'm going to figure out who she has become, and why she's doing this if it's the last thing I do."

Tricia leaned against the wall, and rested her head. She looked tired and dizzy. "Don't fall asleep," Alex shouted suddenly, "You might have a concussion."

"I don't," Tricia murmured, but it sounded slurred

"Tricia," He shouted, "Stay awake."

"I can't," Tricia mumbled, "I'm just so tired."

"Patricia!" He shouted, "Stay awake!!" Tricia slowly closed her eyes, and Alex started kicking his legs to keep her awake. "Tricia!

"I'm awake!" She shouted back, "Now stop bothering me!"

"Leah, LEAH!" Alex shouted, "LEAH COME BACK!"

"Stop shouting," Tricia slurred. Alex watched as his sister tried to open her eyes again, but failed.

"LEAH," Alex screamed. The door flung open, and Leah walked in, tall, strong, and angry.

"What do you want Alexander," Leah snapped, she was never fond of Alex.

"Just keep Tricia awake," Alex ordered, "I'm afraid she has a concussion!"

It was quiet for a moment, and then Leah said, "She's fine." Tricia wasn't fine though. She looked like she was about to throw up at any second.

"Please Leah," Alex begged, "That's my sister."

Leah sighed, and walked over to Tricia. "Wake up Tricia," She commanded, and she kicked Tricia's leg. Tricia groaned, and tried to open her eyes again.

"Come on, wake up Tricia!" Alex said from across the room. When Tricia slumped to the floor in a deep sleep, Alex started to panic. "Please, Leah, let me go. Leah, please!"

Alex twisted around in his seat, struggling to get out of the handcuffs. Leah looked over at Alex, who tried with all of his might to get out of the handcuffs to get to his sister. Leah laughed, "This is so, like, movie cliché. You don't care about her. It was Lewis everyone cared for; you didn't give a dime about anyone but yourself."

Alex stopped. "It was Lewis everyone cared for, because no one gave me the time of day. I was the middle child; the forgotten child. Lewis did everything- talking and walking at an early age, and the one who was always bringing home A's. No one cared what I did, even before Tricia came along. My Mother wanted me to be a girl. Then when she got her perfect girl, I was completely forgotten! Invisible to my family."