Chapter 4: Blind Faith

Author's Note: Took a day longer than usual but ch. 4 is also an extra 1k words than usual too! There's a lot of different scene changes in this one because I have a lot of story to tell but I also don't want to make 50 five hundred word chapters.

I'd also like to point out to anybody curious, this story will be six chapters long with a short epilogue which will be only a few paragraphs or slightly more...so pretty much only 2 chapters left! It's starting to get interesting (hopefully), Hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------------

"Wakie wakie!" Leon Kuwata slowly began to gain consciousness as he heard someone speaking to him in a high pitched and irksomely babyish voice. Once he was able to open his eyes, he saw a blonde girl around his age wearing two twin pigtails and a high school uniform; she currently had her body squeezed together and her lower lip puckered out as if she were imitating a young child. "Pwetty pwease wake up mister, it's morning time already!"

"W-where am I?" Leon looked around the area and recognized it as some sort of dorm room with plenty of posters of the girl in front of him in many different poses on the wall. He tried to stand up from the chair he was seated on but was unable to as he realized rope was tied around his body and held him down tightly.

The blonde's posture suddenly changed as she stuck her tongue out and crossed her arms over one another with only her index and pinky fingers in the air. Her voice was much more gravely when she spoke. "Obviously my room, dumb ass!" She laughed crazily before immediately frowning and returning to a relatively normal voice. "Tell me the last thing you remember. Then we can help you."

The word 'we' made the baseball player turn his head to the right to see another teenage girl leaning against a closed door with her arms crossed. She had short black hair and was fairly skinny but the look in her eyes had something intense about them; Leon couldn't help but shudder at the sight of her.

"I-I...the last thing I remember is entering Hope's Peak High school. I was running like fifteen minutes late so I was sort of rushing when all of a sudden I started getting dizzy in the middle of the damn hallway! Everything was spinning around in circles and then I woke up here. Now can you please let me g-"

"Perfect! It worked!" The blonde interrupted as she jumped in the air in joy. "Muku! Make yourself useful and take care of him. We need to take away his memory of what happened here and he can't be awake for that!"

Leon's eyes widened as he saw whoever this Muku chick was nod and begin to take steps towards him. The boy began to fight against his restraints as panic filled throughout his body. "What are you, crazy? Let me go! Let me go or I'll-"

The last thing Kuwata heard was a smacking sound before everything went dark.

***

"Where is Kuwata?" Kiyotaka Ishimaru's voice rose above all others as he jumped out of his seat and shouted to nobody in particular. Fifteen students of the 78th class sat in a minuscule classroom with the school's lone teacher and head master, Jin Kirigiri, having yet to show up yet. This was a frequent and common occurrence considering his difficult job as the only adult in the entire building but what did seem odd was the empty seat towards the back of the classroom where Leon Kuwata usually sat. "The bell is about to ring in under a minute and he has yet to show up or notify us of his absence! How...how...ludicrous!"

Most of the class would normally be annoyed by the Ultimate Moral Compass's constant nagging but ever since the biggest, most awful, most tragic event in human history occurred it had become slightly more tolerable. Many of the students had lost a bit of their positive or outgoing personalities thanks to the despair inducing tragedy but Taka was one of the few students who didn't let it affect him.