She doesn't exists for me or...?

Khushi remained transfixed. She previously thought it would be very difficult to face him after such a long time, maybe she will go and hind inside her room for sometime. But here she was witnessing him at such a close distance and it was difficult for her in other way. She never thought he would come so close to her and stand near her, let alone going to kiss her. Oh my god, she thought. Did he really tried to kiss her? The thought him kissing her made her blush furiously. It started from her neck and crept towards her cheeks. Suddenly the moment that she thought would be a nightmare turned utterly romantic. She wasn't hallucinating when she though his chest brushed her back. It might have actually the kiss. The moment she turned and looked directly in his eyes, his eyes dropped towards her lips. Oh god and she couldnot control her eyes not to drop to his lips at that moment. But the moment he said his name, he backed out. As if the whole moment crashed into pieces. Those eyes that were admiring her seconds before, turned red full of rage and anger. Lips those were parted suddenly thinned in disgust. The control that slipped momentarily came back like a tornedo and instantly the romantic moment turned out to be the most horrific moment.

Khushi closed her eyes. She knew that he hated that moment instantly. But she loved it. Loved that he was equally effected by her. Loved that he was about to lose control. But hated how he moved back, saw her with disgust then without even speaking to her he turned and left. She didn't realize when her eyes became glassy and she started to sob slowly. She picked up the knife and turned towards the counter.

Arnav almost collided with Anjali while going to his room. Seeing her, his face lit up and he gathered her in his arms and spun her around.

"Oh my god, Arnav put me down, she laughed and chocked at the same time".

"No way bhabhi I am seeing you after such a long span let me hold you now." Arnav sighed in her arms and closed his eyes. "I missed you so much bhabhi". He kissed her against her hair and then released her.

"Chachu", as soft voice interrupted his moment with Anjali.

"Hey my little princess" Arnav knelt to level himself as per kittu and she leaped into his arm giving him a tight hug. Arnav hugged her back and kissed her whole face. "My princess has become so big", he gestured with his hand "and beautiful too?"

She blushed furiously and then shyly he kissed Arnav on his lips. Arnav's eyes became wide when she did that and saw Anjali laughing.

"Control your niece Arnav, she is out of my hands now. She doesn't spare any good-looking boy. She even kisses our neighbor's son you know".

"Princess you are turning dangerous now. You are not supposed to kiss boys like that. He look her little finger and held it. You see this finger? You should wrap them around this and make them dance on your tune before giving them your precious kiss".

"But Chachu, my littill finger isz too small to app them around it" she pouted her rosy lips.

Arnav nuzzled her belly bringing fits of laughter from her before saying, "oh it's more than enough darling trust me".

Kittu quickly locked her little finger with his little finger and said "now I have aaped you, can I kisssh you chahoo?"

Arnav smiled at his niece and said, I will always be wrapped around this little finger of yours sweetheart. You can make me do whatever you want".

"Pomissh?"

"Pakka Promiss", Arnav said and picked her up in his arms.

"Now we are going to go to chachu's room and see what chachu has got for the princess", Arnav ruffled her hair and kissed her lovingly.

"you are spoiling her even more Arnav", Anjali gave him a false pout.

"If I can spoil her mother I will spoil the daughter even more".

"Did you meet Khushi?" Anjali asked hopeful.

Arnav stopped immediately and his thought drifted towards their missed kiss encounter. Jesus, what was he thinking? Arnav didn't answer Anjali.

"Let me call her...Khu..."

"No bhabhi I don't want to meet her you know that".

"Can you just let go of this once Arnav? Three years. It has been three years Arnav. She is your best friend, you cannot behave like this with her as if she doesn't exsist".

"I can because she doesn't exists for me Bhabhi. And I have no intension of acknowledging her existence".

"Chachi" Kittu pointed out wiggling in Arnav's lap and both of them turned to see khushi standing right near the kitchen door. Her pained face reflected what was going inside her heart. She turned away to hide her tears and walked inside the kitchen.

"Chachi?", Kittu called out once more but Khushi was already gone.

Anjali glared at Arnav and folded her arms. "This is not done. You cannot hurt her like this. She has already been through a lot Arnav. Each day she lives in a living heal. Don't make this situation even more worse than what it is already".

"She deserves it", with that Arnav carried Kittu inside his room leaving behind a huffing Anjali.

**

Khushi broke down in the kitchen. "I can because she doesn't exists for me Bhabhi. And I have no intension of acknowledging her existence". His words stabbed her heart inside out. It killed whatever hope she had gathered. She didn't know since how long she was clutching the knife in her hand until she felt stinging sensation. She immediately removed the knife and went towards the sink. The hurt that Arnav has caused was so much more pronounced that she didn't feel the physical pain of the cut. She washed her hand thoroughly then applied antiseptic cream. With the bandage she covered her hand and then she was back to do her regular kitchen works.

**

Why does it still hurt seeing her hurt? Why does it still hurt, hurting her. Arnav did not have any answers to that. She might have turned her back towards him but he clearly saw her tearful eyes. He knew he wouldn't be able to take it anymore so he marched the opposite side carrying his baby niece.

Arnav placed Kittu in the middle of the bed then started unpacking his suitcases. The half of it was filled with toys, small and beautiful frilly dress which he gave it to Kittu. He gave Anjali, her present and the watch that he had brought for his brother. He kept dadi's gift aside before dropping on the bed beside Kittu to fix her Barbie beauty parlor.

"Umm, Arnav!"

"Yes bhabs"

"Didn't you bring anything for Khushi?"

Arnav stopped immediately what he was doing and looked at Anjali.

"Why would I bring anything for her Bhabhi? Give me one good reason".

"Never mind, Anjali said and walked out of the room".

Arnav sighed and glanced at the box that he had kept side with Dadi's things.

It was the perfume that she used to ware during their high school days. It wasn't that expensive but it was one of the other things associated with her, that he could never erase from his memory.