Prologue

Slowly she closed the door behind her.

Cladded in a white saree, broken bangle marks adoring her white, flawless skin and her maang devoid of sindoor. The mendi still had its earthy smell. The Letter "A" at the center of her palm stood out arrogantly from the rest of the henna design. But the owner of that letter left his body permanently.

Her cruel fate took away her husband from her.

At the age of just 21, she faced the most tragic situation of her life.

The moment that was supposed to be the starting point of her life, ended miserably before she could make it to her first night ever with a man.

Her husband was the Eldest Son of Raizada Family.

A lone tear slipped her cheeks, burning her heart, her soul, her life.

She looked her dark meendi and then looked at her bed untouched. The flowers, which were supposed to fill her life with its innocent beauty, now laid on her husband's dead body taking away her smile, her reason to look beautiful and most importantly the colour from her life.

The floral fragrance filled her sense like a poison spread rapidly in someone's blood, because the same fragrance she smelt downstairs around her husband's dead body.

Her tears started beaming from her doe eyes blurring her sight and mind.

Where will she go?

To whom she will confide?

She lost her father 7 days back, and her mother when she was a little kid.

She left her collage when she heard the most dreadful news of her father being admitted in the hospital, fighting against the most incurable disease. Cancer.

And now her fate has played another game taking away her husband from her.

She slammed her back against the door and slid down until she was sitting on the floor.

"Tum jaisi Auraat Ko Kabhi Khushi nahi milegi. Bara Ghamad Hai apna aap pe? You will remain untouched forever...Kisi ka pyaar to kya kisika jism naseeb nahi hoga tumhe"

Khushi closed her eyes recapitulating those hurtful words. The words that belonged to the person, she hated the most...correction...she secretly loved the most...Arnav Singh Raizada who is now her brother-in-law and who was away from the fact that every relation between them has now changed forever.

His greatest enemy was now the widow of his dearest late brother Ankush.