Kemi paused the video and watched Bisi stir the food on fire. "This smells wonderful"
"Thank You ma," Bisi replied but her mind was not actually there. Something was bothering her and she needed to tell Kemi.

Kemi was oblivious to Bisi's withdrawal.

Kemi on the other hand had started watching lots of cooking YouTube videos and she found that she actually love cooking though she hadn't tried yet. She had gotten various cooking books and they littered the tiled counter at present. She also made sure she was with Bisi whenever she is preparing a meal.

Kemi's phone rang. It was Marian, her agent. "Good morning Kemi" Marian said cheerily.
"Good afternoon to you too Marian." Kemi corrected.

Marian laughed. "guess I am too excited. "

"About? "

"That's the reason I'm calling. Do you remember the oil painting of you made last year of Aisha Buhari? The one we exhibited with the Africa's strong women... "

"Yeahh... What about it?"
"weeeellll, Aisha's rep called and they want to buy. 3 million. "

"What?!" Kemi screamed. The painting was just an impulse act after Buhari, her husband and the President of Nigeria made an offensive statement about her belonging to the kitchen and 'the other room'. She had found the statement derogatory by the President who later said it was a joke. But then Kemi felt bad for Aisha Buhari because it tainted her in the masses' eye. Well, according to Kemi.

She made exhibited the Africa's strong women the previous year. Paintings she made were women who were suffering from one emotional, physical or psychological trauma or the other. They were random, not actual person. The only actual person was Aisha Buhari who was painted impulsively.

"Yass baby" Marian laughed. "three million baby. They said one, but you know me na"

"Marian, if you are joking...stop"
"Kemi, you have started. You no dey believe sombori"

"Marian, gosh. I can't believe this." Kemi laughed. "That's not all baby"

Kemi held her breath.

"King AG's manager called last night."

"Who is AG again?"

"Chisos! Kemi you are so stale. It is only painting and book you know. Adekunle Gold."

"Ehnehn.." Kemi laughed.

King AG. Na real wa.

"He said AG came across your paintings and he liked them and wants you to paint something like that  for his upcoming music video."

"Oh my God... This is overwhelming."
Kemi said putting her hand over her mouth.

Bisi was apprehensive on the other hand. I have to tell her now. Now or never.

"I told them to come around tomorrow so that we can talk about the deal. Good yeah?"

"Good. Thank you so much, Marian. Love you to the moon and back."

"Love you too baby" Marian said and the line disconnected.

Kemi was overwhelmed. Wow. Things are falling into pleasant lines for her. "Bisi, I am so happy." Kemi exclaimed, laughing.
Bisi forced a smile.
Kemi frowned at the look on her face.
"Bisi, what's wrong?"

Bisi choked.

"Calm down Bisi. Talk to me."

"I...I am sorry ma." Bisi whispered.
"Sorry about what? What's wrong?  talk to me. Is the food salty?"

Bisi shook her head.

"Then what is it?"

"I.. "

Bisi exhaled shakily. "I'm Pregnant. "

.......
Now someone can sing along with me. Won ti gba penalty wo throwing... Gbe Gbe Gbe

Who else was not expecting that?
Bisi is pregnant...for who?

Don't ask me. I don't know.

BTW, whoever gets the person that contacted Tinu would get the next chapter dedication. So who do you think?

Don't forget to
•vote
•comment
•recommend
•share
•tag your friends to read.
Thank you.

Ciao.