Chapter 10:

Chapter 10: Cut

     Two weeks ago you lent me one of your favorite books. “Cut” by Patricia McCormick. “Cut” is about a girl named Callie who lands herself in “Sea Pines” (a loony bin) when she gets caught cutting. When she gets there, she doesn’t speak a word. For the majority of the time she’s there, she doesn’t speak. But she can only keep silent for so long. “Cut” is an amazing book that I recommend to anyone who loves a good short book (151 pages to be exact). Which I know bothered you a bit since you have this thing about even numbers. That’s why I’m trying to end this book on an even page and with an even amount of words.

     You reminded me of the character named Amanda. The boy version of course, though, you could totally rock being a girl, which you have tried.

Cut,” taught me that self-harm isn’t the answer. Sometimes, all you really need is someone one to talk to. Someone you can trust. But most of all, it taught me that you can only be helped if you want to be helped.

     That’s my question for you. Do you want to be helped? If so, let me in. Let me guide you out of your cave of fear and depression into a world full of happiness and love.

I’m not as bad as any of you, but I am trying to get better. I want to get better. The question is, do you?