8 - Amnesia (Harry)

8 - Amnesia (Harry)

It has not been long since Stephanie and I broke up. 

I know it was for the best. She was not happy and I tried to ignore that by being there for her as often as I could and trying to cheer her up when she appeared to be down. We never really dealt with the problem. I think she did not want to tell me because she did not want to burden me with something else, besides all of what I had to do with my job and whatnot. That is what I use as an explanation as to why we are not together anymore to help myself sleep at night.

Oh, how I wish she had said something or that I had done something. Maybe we would be together now. Even though things happen for a reason, maybe we were just never really meant to be. I am still trying to come to terms with that idea as well. It just all seems a bit too unfair for my liking.

I let out a sad sigh as I kick at the pebbles that find themselves in front of me down the road.

I have Preston behind me for if I encounter any fans in the way. I highly doubt I will do so, since I am inside a forest, walking through a trail that is not that used. But I suppose i could get lost, given how oblivious i am about directions at times, and I think Paul knows that and that is why he sent Preston to my aid. I kind of thank him for being around, even if it is only his job. Sometimes I think the people that hang out with us do it only because it is their job. 

But that is only my nostalgia talking, I suppose - I really hope so. I am not going to lie, I miss Stephanie like hell. I constantly see her face wherever I turn to and everything I do or see reminds me of her because of how used I was of having her around and how fond I had grown of her. I could not help but wonder sometimes how she was doing, if she missed me too and if there could be a chance for us to get back together. 

But then I thought about how unfair and hurtful the time she had spent with me actually was. She held on for as long as she could, but at the end it was just too much for her. She must be very happy now, on her own. Maybe she is watching a movie with Gina while that roommate of Gina's watches porn. It was always very weird. We would go visit Steph's best friend and that girl would be there just watching porn in front of everyone. Like, who does that? 

I jerked back when I heard a noise, coming back from my trail of thoughts. I let out a relieved sigh when I realized it was just a girl that was running by with some elder woman by her side. They smiled politely at me and I stepped aside to let them through. I suppose some people do use this trail after all. Maybe if I did some workout myself I could forget about Stephanie -well, more than I already do. It has not helped so far. Nonetheless, there are some memories that I need to escape. I have tried everything, alcohol, nights out, crazy workouts. Nothing works. I suppose I just have to give it time.

I continue to walk and look back just to make sure that Preston is still behind me, not that he would be anywhere else. He is, and he nods at me when our gazes interlock and I nod back in understanding. I heave out a sigh as I continue to walk along, on my own down the lonely trail. I am just feeling so alone today, as you can see.

So much that it hurts. This is definitely not a good day. All I can do move on is keep my head high and hope this is all for the better. I should talk with Stephanie someday to check on her, make sure she is doing just fine. I am sure I will gather the courage soon enough. 

Soon enough...