The New Boss

My converse tap on the polished marble floor as I walk through the crowded office building.

My light colored hair in a high ponytail bounces along behind me, and I clutch the binder in my arms tighter. My nerves are finally starting to get to me.

"This is development. They actually make the games and the game decisions." My father pushes up the rim of his glasses and looks around to me.

"You'll be working in General Management." We continue to walk, passing by multiple different offices.

Wow. Who knew that a video game company had so many rooms?

I keep my head up and smile at everyone who walks by. Most of them have looks of shock on their face, and I'm suddenly questioning my outfit choice.

Black converse, jeans, a band shirt, and a leather jacket aren't necessarily 'proper' but since I'm the boss of a video game company, I feel like I should make it a bit more comfortable and fashionable.

My dad has a classy suit and tie combo set on, completely opposite of me. He walks along ahead of me, pointing out different rooms and offices.

On the walls of the corridors there are tons of paintings of varied characters, and every now and then we'll pass a shelf that has multiple figurines on it.

The walls themselves are a bright mix of different colors, making it suitable for a hip company.

I'm glad I get to be working here. Everything looks so cool!

"This is your office," We stop outside a set of double doors. The walls of this particular office are glass, and on the inside are shades that are pulled shut tight, making it impossible to see inside.

I grip the binders in my hands tighter as my dad turns around to face me.

"This is where I worked at," He smiles. "Everyone in this office is unique in their own way, but they're all nice people. I'm sure you'll love all of them."

I smile. "I'm ready to head inside if you are!"

He opens the door smoothly, and as we walk inside, I see various people sitting at different colorful cubicles working away.

"Mr. Jett!"

Soon all of the workers are standing up around us, all congratulating my dad on his retirement.

From what I can see from my stance behind him, there are five workers in here.

"And this is my daughter," My father ushers to the side, letting me get full view of everyone in the room. "Hana Jett. She will be taking over from where I'm leaving off."

Everyone has stopped their cheering and they all just stare at me now. Five sets of eyes watch my every move, and I begin to get nervous under their gaze.

"H-hi," I stumble on my words, flashing an uneasy smile. "My name's Hana, and it's great to meet everyone. I hope you'll all treat me nicely, even though I'm clearly not as skilled as my father."

I shyly tuck a stray piece of my hair behind my ear as I finish up my mini speech. The silence continues for a couple of seconds, and I watch the workers look among themselves.

"Welcome to BrixWorks!" An older lady who looks to be in her thirties speaks up first. "Its great to meet you, too! Aren't you just a sweetheart?"

She smiles at me and shakes my free hand, and I thank her for her compliments.

Her hair is in short black curls, matching with her dark skin tone. She's a bit on the heavier side, but she's still beautiful nonetheless. Her outfit is a pencil skirt with a royal blue top.