Chapter 7

"Somi, I'm being serious you should audition at Dad's company." Somi sighed at her cousin's voice. "I told you, I don't want to. I just want to graduate school and then live a normal life. Is that too much to ask for?" Sung Jae scoffed. "It's not, but I think you would be an amazing idol." Somi turned to look at her cousin. "Really? I have a bad personality, everyone would hate me." Sung Jae smiled slightly at her. "It might take a bit of work but I think we can fix that." The younger of the two glared at him. Rolling her eyes, Somi turned to look through the windscreen of the car, thinking about her future. She rolled her head back as she sighed. "Do you really think I could be an idol?" she asked Sung Jae who gave a small smile. "Of course I do. You can dance, I think you can sing, and with a bit of makeup you'll look amazing onstage."

Sung Jae focused on the road, occasionally glancing at his younger cousin. After a few minutes of silence, he smiled brightly at her reply. "I guess I could audition. But I don't know if I want to at Uncle's company." He could feel her bright blue eyes staring intently at him. "Why not? You have a guaranteed debut if you do." Staring out the front window, Somi thought for a moment. "That's exactly why I don't want to audition there. I want to work for my success, not get in purely because I'm the boss's niece." Sung Jae nodded slowly, understanding what she meant. "Fair enough. What are you gonna do then? You haven't told me any dreams or aspirations." Somi let out a small laugh. "You'll find out eventually. I know what I want to do with my life."

Somi POV

Arriving at school, I followed Sung Jae into his class. Because it was early, classes didn't start for another hour or so, meaning I could stay with him and his friends. While they talked and played around together, I sat off to the side listening to music and doing the last of my homework. Occasionally l felt some of the guys looking over at me and watching what I was doing. In a way it was annoying and slightly distracting that they kept looking at me, however, l did my best to ignore them and get on with my work. Finally, a loud laugh got to me.

"Why are you all being so loud in the morning??" I glared at the culprit as he sunk slightly into his chair, "Myung Soo, I'm trying to work." Before turning back to what I was doing, I spotted Young Do rest his chin in his hand and snickering at how embarrassed Myung Soo looks, clearly finding the situation hilarious. I look up at him, trying my best to intimidate him with a glare, but all he does is smirk back at me. I eventually decide he's not worth the energy this early, and go back to my work, not noticing Young Do's cocky smirk turn into a soft smile.

Later in the day during fourth period, I found myself wandering back to the abandoned dance studio hidden at the bottom of the school grounds. Looking around, I began to imagine what it could look like if it was fixed up. I could feel that the energy of the room would be so different, so much more vibrant than the currently cracked floorboards, and mirrors that were so dirty it was obvious they hadn't been washed in years. "Somi-ssi?" Turning quickly, I stared up at Young-Do's face, almost shocked that he found me. "What are you doing here? Aren't you meant to be in class?" A small blush rose on my cheeks since I was actually meant to be in math. "I couldn't concentrate so I ran out. And then I found this studio and decided to stay here until next period." I could almost see the gears in his head turning as he nodded slowly at my response. "Fair enough I suppose. I won't make you go back to class if that's what you're looking so worried about" he hurriedly reassured me, seeing the nervous look on my face. "Instead, I might join you here until the boys get out of class if that's okay with you?" I slowly nodded, thinking through my decision. Was it really that smart to let him hang out with me? I hope so.

The two of us picked the cleanest spot in the room and sat down, making sure we weren't touching in any way though. "I've texted Sung-Jae and told him where we are, so if he goes to your class to get you for lunch and you aren't there he won't panic." I nodded gently in thanks towards Young-Do. Sung-Jae had told me a lot about him, mostly about how mean he was but if I'm being honest, he's really sweet.

"You never really told us about L.A. What was your favourite thing there?" My head shot up to look at him as his voice cut through the silence and his arm settled lightly around my shoulders. "Well, I don't really like talking about L.A. I used to associate it with good memories. But ever since my parents died, I never really saw it the same. It didn't feel as vibrant, or full of colour! I don't even really remember what my favourite part of L.A. was." By now I was fixated on the ground, not even wanting to look up at him. "I'm guessing you're not ready to talk or think about your hometown yet, are you?" He spoke in a soft tone. "Yeah. Not yet." Young-Do nodded and turned back to staring at the wall in front of us, subtly tightening his grip on my shoulder. In a whisper that I could hardly hear, he murmured "I get how you feel".

*Hi everyone! I'm finally back to writing! I had a bit of help from one of my friends with this and I think that she's going to continue helping me edit each chapter. I'm sorry that this chapter isn't very long, I'll hopefully be writing longer chapters in the future! Until next time, G x*