Chapter Two

Korean - English

It was an hour drive from the airport to Olive's families house. When they arrived, Sungjae gently shook her awake and helped out of the car.  He pulled her backpack onto his back and grabbed the handle of her suitcase. He led her towards the house and smiled at the amazed look on her face. "Come on. We need to get you to bed. You and I have school in the morning." Sungjae told the tired girl, putting his free hand on the small of her back to help her up to her room. 

The next morning when Olive woke up, she was confused. She sat up and looked around the gigantic room that she was in. A noise of surprise left her once she remembered where she was. Olive got up and walked over to one of the two doors in the room. When she opened it, she found a walk in wardrobe, which like her room, was gigantic. Olive jumped when she heard the main door to her bedroom open and her cousins voice ring out in the silence. "GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE" he yelled in English, walking into her wardrobe to join her. "Are you excited for your first day at Jeguk High School with your favorite cousin?" Sungjae asked, smiling brightly at his younger cousin. Olive glared at him. "No I'm not because I'm in the year below you oppa. I won't know anyone and on top of that I don't even have my uniform yet. What the hell am I supposed to wear?" Olive spilled her worries to her cousin. "Well. You can wear whatever you want. Until we get you a uniform that is." Sungjae told the suddenly nervous girl, moving forward to hug her tightly. "It's gonna be fine cuz. Just relax and be yourself. You can sit with me at lunch but I want you to try and make your own friends okay? Now get dressed and meet me in the kitchen kay?" Sungjae's voice was soft as he tried to comfort the nervous girl. He stepped back when she nodded and smiled lightly at her before making his way out of the room.

Olive's room

Once she was dressed and her hair was done, Olive walked into the kitchen, finding her cousin making the two of them breakfast

Once she was dressed and her hair was done, Olive walked into the kitchen, finding her cousin making the two of them breakfast. Sungjae looked up and smiled at Olive, handing her a plate of pancakes. "Sit down and eat up. Mum and Dad have some stuff they need to talk to you about." Olive nodded and went and sat down at the table. It only took a couple of minutes for her Aunt and Uncle to appear. "So Olive. Let's get straight to business. We decided to enroll you at school with your Korean name, Kim Somi. We thought it would be easier for your new classmates to say. Okay? Good. Now you two get to school. Sungjae take care of your cousin. Goodbye kids, we will be leaving first." Daehyun said in a rush before pulling his wife back up and pulling her out the door after him. Sungjae and Olive, or now as her name was, Somi exchanged an odd look before Sungjae spoke up. "Come on. We should go as well, its a half hour drive to and from school. So lets go." Somi nodded slightly and stood up, her heels clicking on the polished tiles as she grabbed her backpack and followed her cousin out the door.

As they arrived at school, a tall male student and a girl who was presumably his girlfriend walked by. The guy waved at Sungjuae who smiled and waved back. "Who's that, one of your friends?" Somi asked. "He's kind of my friend but kind of not. His name is Kim Tan. And that girl is his girlfriend, Cha Eunsang. They're cute." was all Sungjae said before climbing out of the car with a nod. Somi tilted her head at her cousin before he opened her door and offered his hand to her. "My annoying cousin." he jokingly said to her. "Thanks oppa." was all she said, not teasing him back like she used to.  Sungjae frowned slightly and watched her for a minute once she was out of the car. "What?" she asked after becoming annoyed, sass evident in her voice. "Nothing. Let's get you to the office so you can get your timetable and you can be taken to your class."

Before they could make it to the office, Sungjae and Somi had been cornered by two of Sungjae's close friends, Choi Young Do and Jo Myungsoo. "Who's this Sung Jae ah?" Myung Soo asked, moving closer to Somi who in turn backed away from him and closer to her cousin. "My younger cousin Oli- I mean Somi. She's living with me and my parent's because things weren't going to well in America for her. And Myung Soo? Don't get any ideas. She's a year and a half younger than me. Don't try anything. That goes for you too Choi Young Do." Sungjae said, taking over the older brother role. Myung Soo looked offended while Young Do rolled his eyes at his friend. "Somi-ah, how old are you?" he asked, hoping to get a better look at the suddenly shy girls' face. "I'm 17." she said quietly, lifting her head for just long enough for the two boys to see her eyes. Myung Soo gasped and tilted his head while Young Do looked indifferent. "Why are your eyes blue? Are you half American?" Myung Soo fired questions at Somi before Sungjae kicked his leg. "Stop it. I'm gonna take her to the office but I'll see you guys in class. Come on Somi." Sungjae said, tugging on the shy girls' arm and pulling her away from his friends. 

*Hello! Please give me feedback on what you think of this story and whether or not I should continue. I know that again this chapter wasn't the best but I'm kind of stressed for exams at the moment so please excuse any mistakes or bad ways that I worded things. Thank you for reading!*