Chapter 5

Somi's outfit:

Somi struggled the entire time she was being dragged by her cousin

Somi struggled the entire time she was being dragged by her cousin. "Let me go I don't want to help! It's your project so you should do the work!" were two of the things she yelled. When they got to the kitchen, Young Do and Myung Soo had shocked looks on their faces. They had been able to hear her yelling and they were surprised she even talked in full sentences. "Come on, we'll give you most of the credit if you help us, right guys?" Sung Jae asked his friends, tightly back hugging his angry cousin so she didn't run back to her room. "Yea, we will. Please help us Somi." Myung Soo said, not hiding the fact his eyes were running up and down the girls body. "Oi, my eyes are up here genius." Somi growled at him, narrowing her eyes at the weird boy sitting in front of her. Myung Soo stared at her once again, shocked at her speaking. Somi sighed in defeat and relaxed in Sung Jae's grip. "What do you need help with?"

A few hours later, Somi was still sitting in between Young Do and Sung Jae, trying to explain something to the three older males. "How is this so difficult? I know toddlers that understand what these words are." Somi huffed. The boys were having trouble with simple words like, simple, something and sitting. "It's not our fault this is difficult." Sung Jae grumbled, slumping over with his head in his arms. Myung Soo let out a muffled groan and copied what Sung Jae did. Young Do however, smirked slightly. "I don't know about these two but I'm actually starting to get the hang of this." The other two boys raised their heads and let out high pitched sounds of annoyance. Somi smiled slightly at Young Do while the other two proclaimed that they were giving up. "It's too difficult!" Myung Soo whined. "It's really not. You just need practice." Somi said, trying not to laugh at her cousin and his friend's antics. "How about we call it a day and I make the three of you dinner? You've kind of worked hard." Somi offered, making her cousin raise an eyebrow at her. "Since when can you cook? Last time you were in Korea, your parents said that you managed to burn ramen." Somi just laughed at her cousins accusation. "Last time I was in Korea I was 7. I shouldn't have even been trying to make ramen. Anyway, you've done worse so I don't know why you're attacking me." Somi laughed at her cousins expression while getting up to start dinner.

While she was cooking, Somi could feel the stares of the three guys on her. "Are you 100% sure you can cook Somi? We don't want to be hungry tonight." Sung Jae teased, coming up to stand beside her. "Yes I can. Now get out of the kitchen." the younger girl scolded. Sung Jae laughed but moved away anyway. Soon enough the four teens were eating and the room was silent. Somi ate quickly in order to retreat back to her room. She wouldn't say it out loud but she could feel her anxiety building up in her system. Ever since her parents had passed away, she had developed severe social anxiety due to the fact that she constantly had to be around people who were causing her stress. She got up and put her plate and utensils in the sink before saying goodbye and retreating back to her room. Once her door was closed, Somi took a deep breath to collect herself. She walked over to the giant bookcase that was on her wall and grabbed a book. She turned off most of the lights in her room except for and climbed into bed to read. Within 20 or so minutes she had fallen asleep, the book lay forgotten and sprawled on her chest.