I hummed a response. Maybe I did.

A message popped up on my phone. I had charged it this morning and the messages were coming in like crazy.

I went into Whatsapp and smiled as I saw who it was. The number wasn't saved but I knew that face anywhere.

It was none other than Wes Allen.

I quickly opened the message.

Wes: Hey Lyla. I took your number off the fridge.

I grinned as I silently praise myself for putting it there.

Me: Hey. I figured.

Wes: Listen, I miss you. Is Gen still there?

Me: Yes she is. She's not leaving yet.

Wes: Ugh. I want to see your beautiful face, Lyla.

Me: I'm not beautiful. Lol

Wes: How many times will I have to tell you that you are THE most beautiful thing on God's green earth.

Me: All the time since I like hearing it from you

Wes: Lol. I'll say it a hundred times a day then.

Me: Stop playing Wes.

Wes: The only thing I want to be playing with is your body.

Me: OMG. Lol shut up.

Wes: I only speak the truth, sweetheart.

Wes: I want to see u.

Me: You saw me a couple hours ago.

Wes: Yeah but that was a couple of hours ago.

Me: Lol.

Wes: So when CAN I see you though?

Me: Tomorrow night.

Wes: That seems awfully specific.

Me: Ha. I know. Gen is taking me out to a party tomorrow night. I think you would do well for a plus one.

Wes: Aww come on, Lyla. I meant just us two.

Me: Well, after the party we will be alone. All alone, with a huge room. Just us two, drunk as hell. Doing things we shouldn't.

Wes: Oh? I like this.

I laughed at that.

"Ly, shut up! I need absolute silence when I'm doing my fingers!" Gen shouted at me angrily. "Who are you texting anyway? It better not be that bastard Tyler."

I shook my head in disgust, "No way would I ever."

Tyler had tried to contact me over the two weeks. There hundreds of missed calls and messages. I haven't read them yet. I can't imagine what he wants to talk about when he said everything he needed a few weeks ago.

It didn't even matter at this point.

Me: Does that mean yes?

Wes: Of course it's a yes. Why would I even say no?

Me: Awesome.

Me: I think it will be a great night.

Wes: Anything involving you is great Lyla.

Me: Stop lying.

Wes: You know I'm not.

Me: Sml

Wes: Where's the party though?

Me: The Lock In. Downtown. Its an all night event and stuff so get alot of sleep.

Wes: All night for the party or us having sex?

Me: Omg is that all you think about?

Wes: No but having sex with you is probably the greatest privilege a man can get and I just want to confirm it, you know.

Me: That's so much bull. You're such a sweet talker.

Wes: I don't lie, Lyla.

Me: Whatever you say Wes😂

Wes: I'm serious.

Me: I know. Listen, I gotta go.

Wes: Wow...

Me: Lol. I'll see you tomorrow though.

Wes: Sigh it's so long. Yes you will.

Me: Chill. I'll talk to you later.

Wes: Alright sweetie.

I smiled and put away my phone.

I looked at Gen, giving her all my attention. She's been talking for the last few minutes and I did not hear a word she uttered.

"Its 10:00 am. We need to go shopping for our outfits for tomorrow. So put on something more.......covering and let's go." She said.

She got up and went to the door, "I'm waiting down stairs. Don't take forever to put on some pants. We have a spa appointment also."

I groaned in protest. I hated the spa.

"You can groan all you want. I'm not letting you come to such a famous club looking like your 40. Now let's go." Gen told me strongly.

I rolled my eyes and took out my worst jeans. I completely forgot how much work went into going to a party.

Chubbyalejandra 💖