Chapter 6: Faded Smiles

Emmeline's P.O.V
After School

"You did what?!" "Mum, chill. It's his fault!" "You say that everytime Emmeline. What am I gonna do with you? No other boarding schools will accept you. The only other place is a Military school." "Mum, I'm not going to a Military school. I'm not leaving Brent. Put me in online classes, home  lockdown, anything! Just don't make me leave Brent!" I break down, my mother has never really seen me cry.
"I'll give you 1 day to prove to me you don't need to be sent to a Military school. Until then, don't leave the house. UNLESS your with Brice or Blake going to see Lexi." Mum walks out of the room and it's just me sitting on the couch. I hear the front door open and close. Mum's left.

*Few Hours Later*
It's 6 pm. I'm waiting to go see Lexi. Blake just needs to hurry up and get home! The door slams shut, causing me to jump. I rush downstairs and see a Mr Blake.
"Blake! Please please please, take me to go see Lexi! Please Blake!" "No! Now buzz off!" "Blakey! Please? I care about my sister, don't you?" "FIne. Get shoes on, let's go see Lexi." He smiles, but it's not his smile. It's weak and fake. Is he okay? I hug him tightly, taking him by surprise. After a few moments, he hug back. When we finally seperated from the hug, he bends down to my level and wipes my tears. I hadn't noticed I was crying till now.
"She's going to be okay Emmy. She'll be fine, she's strong and she cares to much to let go. Now come on sugar." I freeze at the nickname. I haven't been called that in years. The last person to call me that was... Dad. 

*At The Hositpal, Time skip brought to you by APHMAU PLEASE HURRY UP AND POST Production*
We enter Lexi's room, my heart breaks. There she is, hooked up to many machines. Her eyes are droopy.
"Lexi?" She smiles, but it's faded. Her face is pale, and she's alone in this big white room.
"Emmy... Hey." "Lexi, your smile, it's faded. Your pale and it's all my fault. Just please, please don't let go." I start to cry, she puts her hand on mine, while Blake wraps his arms around my shoulders. He wipes my tears, and gives me a kiss on the cheek. 
"I would never let go, your my little--" She trails off. She closes her eyes.
"Come on, Lex needs her rest." As we are at the door to the room, the beeping stops. I turn around and see her monitor has become flat. I run up to her and puch her doctor button.
"Lexi please, Lexi please I need you!" I let tears flow down my cheeks as doctors rush in. I'm brought out into the hallway. Blake hugs me, I cry softly into his chest.