7장

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Choi Daera stared into her new Red Velvet photobook; a beautiful picture of her Idol Kang Seulgi in front of her. Her hands were gripping her slogan tight, she was happy that she got a copy of the photobook.

But suddenly a tear dropped on to the page Daera was looking at.

Taeho, who was sitting opposite of her, taking a picture for his collector account on Instagram looked up and at Daera, a gasp leaving his mouth when he watched yet another tear drip onto the page.

"D-Daera! Your book!" He squealed and shook the same aged girls' shoulder. "I know Seulgi-noona is beautiful and all. But there's no reason to cry into the book. The pages are curling!" Taeho didn't know what Daera's problem was, hence he was acting insensitively. Daera knew and she wasn't cross at her best friend for his reaction. 

How should dumb and insecure Taeho know how Daera felt when she hasn't talked to him (or anyone for that matter), about how mean Lee Donghyuck had been to her. Taeho wouldn't believe her anyway. Idols were sacred people to him who weren't able to make any mistakes.

Daera turned to her black glittery bag pack and took out a pack of paper tissues. She quickly dried the page and sniffed. "I'm sorry Seulgi on page 32." She whispered and continued to look through the photobook while Taeho side eyed her.

"I know you love Seulgi and all... but she never made you cry. What's different today?" He asked and Daera looked up. Taeho had never asked something like this. Maybe he wasn't as insensitive and dumb as she thought he was. 

Taeho had stopped taking pictures and looked at his best friend intently. 

The two of them were sitting in a library in Myeongdong after purchasing their "Red Room" photobooks.

"I gave Donghyuck the chocolates. Not personally. I left them in front of their practice room." Daera now announced and continued before Taeho could butt in and say something. "I eavesdropped and heard Donghyuck saying mean stuff about me to Jaemin. He said that I am annoying and that I shouldn't come to the practice room anymore." Daera finished her speech right about when the lump in her throat was making it hard for her to speak.

Taeho was speechless. He looked at the girl opposite of him and moved his hands through his hair almost angrily. "H-How could he?!" He then let out and almost knocked his photobook off the table.

The librarian was looking around the corner and hissed at them crossly. "I'm sorry!" Taeho bowed and looked back to Daera whom's head was on the table and her face hidden under her slogan. Taeho couldn't see if she was crying or not. 

"I just didn't want to be lonely." Daera muffled and Taeho sighed. "You miss your parents, right?" - "I regret staying here. They asked me if I want to tag along to Greenland but I said I wanted to finish school here." Daera was hiding under her slogan as big sad tears were rolling down her face by now.

Taeho sighed and awkwardly patted Daera's back. "He's not worth your tears, Daera. He's just a stupid boy idol who's nothing against Seulgi-noona!" Daera's head shot up and she looked at Taeho as if he was stupid.

"I can't just think of him like that! He's the only reason I became someone for Seulgi-unnie!"

Daera was stroking her slogan when her phone—that was resting on the table—vibrated. She stretched her hand out to grab it and saw that an unknown number had sent her a message. 

She quickly unlocked her phone and checked the details of the message, being slightly shocked by the person who sent it.

Hi Daera, it's me. NCT's Haechan... eh, Donghyuck I mean. I heard from Seulgi-noona that you were really sad about what I said and I don't know how to apologize nor to make you feel less sad? But I want you to know that Ari has your SM-ID and we all want you back. Especially Chenle. He is very keen on you. I hope you understand that and maybe accept my apology. — Lee Dong Hyuck

Daera scoffed and pushed her phone towards Taeho. "Look at this." She whispered and hid her face behind her slogan. 

How did he get her number? Was he a stalker or something?

Daera shook her head while Taeho read the message for the third time. "He's not very good at apologizing. I couldn't even read an apology." Taeho shook his head. "I would ignore this message and him. As I already said he doesn't deserve you. And if he thinks you're going to accept his apology with such a weak message then he surely is from another planet."

Taeho snickered and Daera looked at her phone. Taeho was right. He didn't directly say "I'm sorry". He only added that he hoped that Daera was going to accept his apology. 

But why was Daera moved by his words? 

The fact that he took time out of his busy schedule to look after her feelings was pulling on her heartstrings. She never thought that Donghyuck would write her a message at all. Daera bit her lip, her heart pounding really fast. "I'm... I'm going to get something to read." She whispered but Taeho was already busy editing his picture for his Instagram.

Daera walked over to the part of the library where the books for teenage girls were stored and started to look around until her eyes landed on a rather thick book with the title Falling In Love 101 — The Perfect Guide for Teenage Girls.

She quickly pulled it out of the shelf, surprised by its weight and walked over to the table she and Taeho were occupying. Taeho was still busy typing on his phone so Daera could open the book without silly questions of him. 

"Chapter One: He caught my eye," Daera read quietly and leaned back in her chair, the heavy book in her lap.