6장

Happy Birthday to my source of happiness, the best thing in my life; Lee Donghyuck. 💞

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Practice was hard as always, so Donghyuck was extra glad when MC Ari let them go home an hour earlier than usual. He quickly looked around the practice room to see if he got all his belongings when Jeno's voice yelled out to him. "Donghyuck, someone left this here for you." 

Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow. "How is someone able to enter SM like this? This is more protected than any jail in the US." Donghyuck sassed and shouldered his duffle bag before walking over to Jeno who pointed at a tiny plastic bag on the floor.

A tiny plastic bag,  wrapped with a green bow and a little name tag on top, was sitting on the doorstep to NCT Dream's practice room and Donghyuck couldn't explain himself why something like this was sitting there and apparently was waiting for ... him.

He knelt down and picked up the bag, checking the insides. "Oh, chocolates!" Jeno, who was eyeing Donghyuck with widened eyes, smiled and caught the attention of the other NCT members who quickly walked over to Jeno and Donghyuck.

"What's that Hyung?" Chenle asked and almost threw himself on Donghyuck's back. The singer tried to shake the Chinese boy off him when he caught the writing on the name tag.

Thank you for letting me meet Seulgi-unnie — Choi Dae Ra

Donghyuck tilted his head. "Why did she just—" - "She felt sick." MC Ari suddenly butted in, seeing the boys all in front of the door that he wanted to leave. "Noona was here?" Chenle asked and pouted, making Ari chuckle. "Yes, I saw her in front of the door for a while." Renjun now said and Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow.

"Why didn't she enter though?" Donghyuck asked out loud when he caught Jaemin's look. Latter seemed to think about something. "Maybe it's because of what you—" A knock interrupted the boys and they stepped away from the door before someone—Mark—got slapped in the face by it.

Once the door opened and Kang Seulgi entered the room, Donghyuck knew something was wrong. Extremely wrong.

Seulgi had her arms crossed in front of her chest and ignored the Dreamies greeting her politely. She was looking straight to Donghyuck, which was making him slightly uncomfortable. "Somehow I have the feeling this is your fault, Lee Donghyuck." Seulgi hissed and threw a plastic card on the floor in front of his feet.

The Dreamies, MC Ari, and Seulgi were staring at the white plastic card with the pink geometric ornaments on the side and a picture of a smiling Daera in her school uniform was grinning up to them. "Isn't that Daera's ID-card?" Ari asked and looked at the female Idol in front of them.

Seulgi pushed her dark hair out of her face. "She ran out of the hallway with tears in her eyes. I caught her in the lobby when she returned the card to Seolla-unnie." Seulgi explained, not looking at the Dreamies that were all eyeing Donghyuck—especially Jaemin.

"Daera was crying a lot, saying she didn't want to come anymore," Seulgi explained and picked up the card she threw on the floor. "I think I should hand it to you. Maybe you have a chance to give it to her? Ask this meanie to give Daera's address." Seulgi shook her head. "This is not how you treat your friends, Donghyuck."

Donghyuck was confused. "What do you even mean, Noona?" He asked and Seulgi rolled her eyes. "I know how you behave. You always tease people. I don't know what you teased Daera about, but I won't watch silently when you tease my fan."

MC Ari looked from Seulgi to Donghyuck. "Seulgi-ah, Donghyuck doesn't know Daera's address so as her uncle I will be keeping this." The manager said and looked at Donghyuck who was looking down. He didn't even know what he should say.

Did Daera hear him talking about her earlier?

That was the only plausible explanation for this mess. Donghyuck watched Seulgi saying goodbye to Ari and the other Dream members before disappearing. He then averted his gaze over to his manager. Ari was looking at Donghyuck with a concerned look.

"I'm not your or Daera's father but I don't like how this is turning out. If you are annoyed with Daera coming over you have to tell me first so I can find a place where she isn't alone." Ari said, a dark expression on his face. "You might not know, but Daera is alone most of the time. Her parents are currently working in Greenland and she's all alone in her big house when she's not hanging out with me." Ari explained a side of Daera that Donghyuck never guessed.

"But she's always so bright", Donghyuck whispered and Ari nodded. "Yes, she is. But most of the time she is simply lonely. That's one of the reasons she decided to become a Fangirl, Hyuck-ah." The manager explained and sighed. "I'll head home and see where she headed to." Ari sighed and turned to them. "I'll probably come home late tonight, don't stay up too long and wash up before you sleep. Especially you, Chenle!" The manager warned and left the practice room, the ID-card of his niece in his hands.

Once the manager was out of the room, six pairs of eyes turned to Donghyuck, who was still holding the plastic bag in his hand. "How dare you!" Chenle hissed. "Daera-noona had only been good to us! She always applauded us when the practice went well and you go and hurt her feelings?" The Chinese lad, who was very keen on their manager's niece shook his head in disappointment.

And even Mark seemed slightly disappointed. "What did you even say?" The oldest asked but Donghyuck only looked down. "He called her annoying," Jaemin said and Donghyuck held the plastic bag tighter. Mark shook his head and left the room with the words, "See you in the 127 dorms."

One after one left the practice room until it was only Chenle and Donghyuck. "Chenle, please you need to help me. I need to fix this. Do you have Daera's phone number?" The singer asked and Chenle cocked an eyebrow. "The Hyung's and Jisung are probably waiting for me to head to the Dream dorm, Hyung," Chenle whined and Donghyuck bit his lip.

"Please! I need to apologize and make Daera come back. I never knew she was always lonely." Donghyuck said and blinked at Chenle twice. The Chinese boy sighed and took out his phone. He pressed some buttons until Donghyuck felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Donghyuck pulled it out and saw a notification on the lock screen.

Annoyingly-Cute-Lele shared a contact: Choi Dae Ra