Epilouge.

Uzair.

"I am leaving Henry

"I am leaving Henry." I told him. He didn't say anything but nodded before going back to his work. I step in evelator with a sigh and feel the new employees gaze on me, but I didn't look and continue to stare forward.  

When elevator stop in the lobby, I walk out of it and out of building to my car that was parked on the other side of the road. I put my bag on the passenger seat as I get in the car and start it before going to my house. 

I pulled into the driveway and turn off the car before stepping out. I looked up at the house where I have been living for 3 years now. After whatever happened all those years ago, I thought it would be better if we moved out of that house. I shake my head with a sigh when I started to get flashback of that day which turn my life upside down.

I walk toward the front door and before I could even a take step on porch, I saw suddenly door get open and a little figure runs outside. I smile as I saw my son running in the front lawn with his baby sitter running after him with a bowl of snacks. I went inside and saw Mom and Dad in the living room talking. 

"Assalam-o-Alaikum." I give my Salam with a smile and place a light kiss on Mom's cheek before sitting beside her.

"You look tired." Mom says after they give their Salam back. I nodded and sigh before closing my eyes as she run her fingers in my hairs. I smiled as I started to feel sleepy, but quickly open my eyes when I remember something. 

"Is she home?" I asked Mom. She nodded with a sad smile. 

"Yes, but she is not talking to anyone. Go talk to her, maybe she tells you what is going on with her." I nodded and stood up telling them I will see them at dinner after half an hour before going upstairs in the room. 

I knock a few times, but I didn't get any reply and walk inside after taking a deep breath. I saw as she lay in bed on her back with her eyes closed, but I know she is not sleeping. I quietly walk toward her and sit beside her. Pushing her hairs out of her face, I leaned down to kiss her forehead and smile softly as she open her eyes. She carefully sits up and leaned back to the headboard. 

"When did you come?" She asked me once she was seated comfortably. I shrugged and caressed her cheek with the back of my hand. 

"Just now. How are you feeling?" I asked her softly and saw as she look down.

"I am scared what if something happen again?" She says quietly but loud enough for me to hear. I sit and sit beside her before holding her face in my hand.

"I promise you Maham, nothing will happen. He is behind the bars and he wouldn't came out. Don't take stress it wouldn't be good for you." I told her softly making her nod. She close her eyes and rested her head on my shoulder. I press my lips to the side of her face and close my eyes as well.