Chapter 11.

Jummah Mubarak!

Uzair.

"Finally

"Finally." I chuckle when I heard Henry mumble before he rush down the stairs. I look toward the car that was parked for us and smile when I saw him hugging his children and his wife was standing behind them. 

I walk down the stairs as well after nodding my goodbyes to the pilot and walk toward Ahmed car and smile at him when he get off from the hood. He smiles back and give me a hug before grabbing the bags from me. 

"It's okay. I can put it in the trunk." He says when I was about to protest. I nodded and grab my carry on before turning around to Henry when I feel him standing behind me.

"Hey." Henry wife greets me with a smile. I smile back and ask her how she was doing. She is just like Ayeza to me.

"By the way, congratulations on your wedding." She says with a smile. I force out a small smile and nodded. 

"Thanks." I look down at the two kids and kneel down. I smiled at them and open my bag and take out two gifts that I get for them. They smiled widely at me and give me a tight hug. 

"Thank you." They say together before glaring at each other. I shake my head as they both starts fighting. I stood back up after giving them a give kiss on their forehead.

"You are spoiling them too much." Henry wife says and shake her head at me, but I just shrugged and bid my goodbyes and told Henry to take off for a week before going back home.

***

"Uzair." I smiled when I walk into the dining room and saw Mom putting glasses on table while Maham set plates for everyone. 

"Come sit. Maham bring the dishes." Maham nodded and went in the kitchen to bring the dishes while Mom went out to call Dad. I sat in my usual seat and saw as Maham came and place the dishes on the table before going back.

When everyone was seated and dinner was at the table, we all started to eat. Mostly Dad talks about how his business was going and he totally ignores Mom glare when she heard what he was talking about. Mom hates when we discuss about office work while eating. 

After dinner, I ask Mom to go in the living room and rush upstairs to get her birthday gift. When I walk back downstairs, I saw Dad and Mom talking about something, but stop when they saw me. I raised my eyebrow in silent question but they just shrugged it off. I saw Maham sitting on single couch opposite Mom. I walk up to her and sit beside her.

"I know I shouldn't give this to you right now, but I want you to wear it tomorrow." I say and give her the box. Mom, look at me confused, but open the rectangular box. I smile when I saw she gasped slightly and take out the locket from the box hold it up.

 I smile when I saw she gasped slightly and take out the locket from the box hold it up

"Happy Birthday Mom." I says and bring my hand to wipe the tear that just fall from her eyes. 

"Thank you." She gives me a shaky smile and leaned forward to give me a hug. I smile and put my arms around her and gently patted the back of her head when she cried softly.

When she pulled back, she put on the necklace look at me. I give her a thumbs up and saw her chuckling softly. She hugged me and tell me how much she loves me. I stuck my tongue out at Dad when I saw him rolling his eyes playfully at us. 

***

"You look beautiful." I comment when I saw her and she smiled at me before glaring at Dad. 

"See, this is how you give compliments." Mom walked away and Dad followed her quickly. I chuckle, shaking my head and went toward Hussyan and Ahmed.

"How you guys doing?" I asked once I reach them. They say that they are fine and things are going good at their home. I nodded and look around at the guests. 

The house was lightly decorated with a Mom favorite theme. She didn't want to do anything big for her 50 birthday, but just want a get together with close family member and friends. I look at Mom and saw her checking time after every few minutes. I don't know if what I am thinking was right or not. 

After half an hour, I heard the door bell ringing and went to open it. I was surprised to see the person, but let her in and straight to Mom. I saw as she came forward and hug her best friend. I look at the rest of her family and relax slightly when I didn't find her daughter. 

"I am sorry." I heard Mom best friend saying, but Mom shakes her head and told her not to think about the past and take her to the rest of her friends.

"Where is Maham?" I look at Ahmed when he asked me. I look around and didn't see her. I told him that I will check for her and went upstairs in the room. I walk inside and look around but didn't find her. I was about to walk away but stop when I heard someone groaning and follow it.

"Why are you here?" I asked Maham as I saw standing in the bathroom. She jumps slightly and turned around to face me. She looks at me nervously and shake her head before telling me that her dress got dirty with some juice that Eshaal drop on her.

"Umm... Can you send Sila here. I need her help." She says. I nodded and went back downstairs looking for Sila but I didn't see her so I went to Ahmed to ask about her. 

"She went out with Hussyan Bhai. They say they will be back in half an hour." He says and ask me about why I was looking for her and tell him about something before walking away.

I look around for someone else who I know but I didn't find anyone and went back upstairs. Mom was busy talking to her friends and Ayeza was with her. When I walk in the room, I saw the door of bathroom door close and knock twice.

"Maham, it is me. Sila is out with your brother and I couldn't find anyone else to help you." I told her and heard her sighing on the other side. 

"Okay." She says and went silent. I take that as my cue to leave, but stop when I heard a door opening slightly and she calls me. "Uzair?"

"Yeah?" I turned to face her. She looks down before looking up at me again.

"If you don't mind, can you help me?" I was silent and nodded slowly. She opens the door wider for me.

I slowly walk inside and saw as she turned to face the mirror. I look in the mirror as well and saw her looking away from my eyes. I close my eyes and take a deep breath before raising my hands to hold the zipper of her dress and give a few tugs before zipping it up. I open my eyes when I heard her gasping slightly as my finger brushed on her bare skin. She looks at me through the mirror as I take a step back and look away from her. I walk out to leave her as she started to feel uncomfortable. 

I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't go close to her. I wouldn't be good for her or for me. I had to stay away from her.

------------------------------------------------------

Update! I hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

Next chapter will be out on Sunday.
In Sha Allah.

Follow me on Instagram: proudtobemuslim_98

Thank you so much for your support! ☺

-Maddy.!