Chapter 14.

Uzair.

"Yes, Dad, we are fine

"Yes, Dad, we are fine." I told him as I walk in the kitchen to grab a water bottle. 

"Did you plan to go Island I told you about?" He asked making me sigh. I didn't really think of going there because of two reasons. One, I don't know how to get there. Two, I don't know if Maham wants to go or not. 

"No. I think I have to ask Maham if she wants to visit there or not beside that I didn't know how to get there." I told him and open the bottle to take a sip. 

"You don't have to go there by car. The cruise takes tourist there. There are four islands and the big Island is there is in the fourth one. A friend of mine owns a cabin there. I will give you his number and you can arrange it like you want." He says and I feel amusement in his voice. I groaned and close my eyes. 

"Dad." I sigh when I heard him laughing. I shake my head and bid my goodbyes and hung up before he could embrace me more. 

I look down at my phone and check the time. It is still early for Maham to get up so, I decide to take a run through the city. I walk upstairs to go in my room and heard Maham soft snores when I pass her room. I quickly change in my track suit and connect my phone with my earphones before starting my run. 

It has been a week since we came here and I saw Maham enjoying herself here. When we went to Sultan Ahmet Square, Maham look happy seeing the Tulip carpet. After that we roam around the nearest place and she buy some antique things that belong from here. 

Yesterday, she wasn't feeling well and spend her all day in her room laying and taking some rest while I make breakfast, lunch and dinner for her. At night, when she feels better, she came down in the living room and ask me to put on a movie and to make her some popcorns. When I refused to give her popcorns she glared at me heatly, I was surprised to see her like that, but I know it was from her sickness. Hussyan and Ahmed always tell how much demanding Maham get when she get sick and get angry quickly. 

I smile slightly as I think how much scared I was when Maham started to yell and had to give her popcorn to make her quiet. I jogged back to the house and think what should I make for her breakfast.

When I reach the house, I open the door and walk inside. I chuckle when I walk in the kitchen and saw Maham sitting on a stool with her head on the counter and an empty cup in front of her. I pick it up and wash it before putting it away. I tried to call her and wake her up, but she wouldn't wake up. I sigh and decide to take her upstairs by myself. 

I put my earphones on the counter and take a few steps toward her. I gently put my one hand behind her back and light push her back before hooking my other hand under her knees and carry her upstairs in her room. She sigh slightly, but get back to her sleep. I gently lay her in bed and pulled the cover up to her chin and pushed her hairs away from her face before leaving her room.

Deciding that I should take a shower and freshen up, I went in my room to do it. When I was done after an hour, I went downstairs in the kitchen to make something for Maham to eat when she will wake up again because she only had her coffee. I make some her favorite waffles with some whipped cream and some strawberries on the side before making myself an omelette and some toast. 

When I was done, I went upstairs to her room and knock loudly for her to wake up. I open door as I heard her groaning on the other side and walk inside. I shake my head when I saw her clutching her head tightly and try to stand up. I quickly take a few big steps toward her and held her as she was about to fall back and make her stand properly. 

"Careful." I say softly, making her look up at me. I was lost in her beautiful light brown eyes and for the first time, I feel that this feeling in my right. 

"I make breakfast for you. Do you want it up here or downstairs?" I asked, taking a step back making her look down. 

"I will be downstairs." I nodded and turned to leave, but stop when I heard her. I turned back to face her and raised my eyebrow at her nervous look. "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked and frowned when she give me a small smile.

"For taking care of me and for baring my mood swing while I was sick." She says making me chuckle. I told her it was okay and went downstairs after telling her to hurry up.

Maham.

After taking a warm shower, I feel better and went downstairs to join Uzair for dinner

After taking a warm shower, I feel better and went downstairs to join Uzair for dinner. As I was about to step in the room, I heard him talking. I stop when I heard an unfamiliar name. I leaned against the wall of the entrance and listen. I know it is wrong, but I can't help myself. 

"Sorry, I have been just busy with something." Uzair apologizes to someone on the other side and get silent listening to the other side. 

"Can I am talking to her right now?" I frowned when I heard him saying 'her'. I don't know who he is talking about. It may be Sila or his sister. 

"Okay. Tell Zara to take care and I will come to see her as soon as I come back." I heard him giving his goodbyes and everything got silent again. 

I don't know who is Zara and who is she to him. I frowned when I feel a little burning in me and shake it away. It must be his friend or his cousin, but I didn't meet her at our reception or his Mom's birthday party. 

"Maham!" I jumped slightly when I heard Uzair yelling my name. I quickly and silently walk upstairs and take a few minutes before going down again.

"Y-yeah?" I walk in the room and saw the breakfast set on the dining table. I smile slightly as I saw a small flower vase in the middle of the table with some fresh flowers that I know he bring from the small garden in the backyard. 

"Come." He waved his hand for me to sit on the chair. I slowly walk toward the chair and sit on the chair. He takes his seat as well and soon we were eating. 

I take a bite from my plate and look at him carefully. It didn't look like he is hiding something, but it looks like he is happy about something because he had a smile on his face. He looks up at me as if he could feel my gaze on him and raised his eyebrow with a questioning look. I shake my head and look down to continue my breakfast.

It doesn't matter to me who he is friend with or who he talk to.

------------------------------------------------------

Update! I know last chapter and this chapter wasn't that interesting but honestly I don't know what to write. I still hope you all like it and let me know what you think about it.

Next chapter will out on Friday.
In Sha Allah.

Thank you so much for your support! ☺

-Maddy.!