22

Austin's POV

As I sat at home alone, I couldn't stop wondering about Ally. Ava had been begging to go to Dez and Carrie's for weeks so I just decided to let her spend the night there. It was just me until Ally got home.

I had texted Ally twice in the hour since she had left and she hadn't responded to either of them. She hadn't answered my call either.

Of course, a bunch of fears entered my mind but I forced them away. Ally wasn't like that.

Well, there wasn't any point in sitting in this dark house waiting for her to get back.

Getting up, I decided to go to my favorite coffee shop and talk to the staff that I had become friends with.

The drive seemed to take forever given my mood, but I finally pulled in the parking lot.I got out of my car, staring at the ground.

Walking in, I lifted my head to greet my friends, but the words died in my throat.

In the corner of the café, Ally was sharing a meal with a guy. I recognized him instantly. Gavin.

I watched as he whispered something to her, making her laugh.

I was in too much shock to say anything. I just stared at them.

Finally, Ally noticed my presence and the smile was wiped from her face.

She looked from me to Gavin then back to me, realizing what I was looking at.

She stood up. "Austin," she said cautiously. "It's not what it looks like."

"Really?" I asked, finally regaining control of the English language. "Because it looks like my wife is having dinner with her ex boyfriend when she told me she was running errands."

She hesitated, clearly trying to find the right words. "Okay, I guess it's technically what it looks like but it's not what you think."

I shook my head. "Whatever, Ally. And I thought you were acting distant because of me." I glanced at Gavin. He didn't say anything but his expression mimicked Ally's.

Ally gave me a desperate look before walking up to me. She took my hand.

"Austin, you need to believe me," she begged. She put her other hand on my face. "Please."

I took a deep breath and looked at Gavin before looking back at her. I slowly reached up and removed her hand from my face. I took a step away from her.

"Ava's at Dez and Carrie's," I mumbled. "She'll need to be picked up tomorrow. I'm gonna go stay with my parents for a few days. Tell her I love her."

Before I could change my mind, I quickly turned on my heels and rushed out of the café.

I heard Ally calling my name but I forced myself to ignore her.

Getting in my car, I pulled out of the parking lot, feeling every emotion possible as I sped down the road.