14

Ally's POV

I sat on the bench outside of the church chewing my nails.

I had no idea what had gotten into me. Did I really just run out of that room because I was scared to marry Austin?

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a voice.

"Ally?" it yelled.

I turned to see Austin walking towards me.

He walked up next to the bench and stopped.

"What the heck was that?" he asked, understandably sounding kind of upset.

"I don't know," I whispered. "I'm sorry."

He waited a moment before sighing and sitting next to me.

"Do you...not want to marry me?" he asked softly.

"Of course I do!" I immediately responded.

"Then what's stopping you?" he asked, a little impatient.

I rubbed my hands together. "It's just kinda scary."

He looked hurt. "Scary?"

"Not because of you," I replied hurriedly. "It's just...this is forever. We're about to be forever."

After a moment, he nodded a little and got up, walking back towards the church. He looked sad.

I stood up. "Austin! What's wrong?"

He sighed and turned to me. "Nothing. It's just...I thought we've been forever for a long time."

And with that, he walked back inside, the impact of what he said weighing heavy on my shoulders.

Austin's POV

I wasn't gonna lie. Ally's words hurt me. They made me doubt our relationship for the first time in almost two years.

Time to cancel the wedding. Ignoring people's questioning glances, I walked back up in front of the pastor.

Turning to everyone, I took a deep breath.

"I have some news, guys," I started, trying to not pay attention to the heaviness in my heart.

Before I could say anything else, the door opened.

Ally was in the doorway. "And that news is that we're sorry for the holdup and we're ready to get married," she finished.

I try and fail to hide my shocked expression as she quickly walked up to me.

She stood in front of me and takes my hands. "You're right, Austin," she said softly. "We have been forever for a long time. Getting married might be an overwhelming experience, but I would never wanna go through it with anyone else but you."

Despite myself, I felt a tugging feeling at the corners of my lips as I started to smile.

"You sure you're ready?" I asked.

She nodded. "I am."

My smile widened and I kissed her forehead before we stood in front of the pastor again.

He seemed confused but he shrugged and looked at his book again.

"Do you, Ally Dawson, take Austin Moon to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, for richer or for poorer, in light and in darkness, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

She smiled. "I do," she said confidently. Hearing that diminished all of my worries.

"And do you, Austin Moon, take Ally Dawson to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, for richer or for poorer, in light and in darkness, in sickness and in health, till death do you part?"

I smiled widely. "I do."

Ally and I squeezed each other's hands as the pastor continued.

"Then by the power invested in me by the great state of Florida, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He turned to me. "You may kiss the bride."

I smiled and immediately pulled Ally in, kissing her lovingly. She wrapped her arms around me and I lifted her up, spinning her around.

When we pulled away, Ally laughed joyfully, a sound I always loved to hear.

We walked to the end of the stage and Ally looped her arm through mine as the pastor said, "It is my great honor to present to you for the very first time, Mr. and Mrs. Austin Monica Moon!"

We exchanged a happy look and ran out of the room.

Ally was officially my wife. I was officially her husband.

And I couldn't be happier.