12

Ally's POV

The next day, I paced back and forth in our room at the church.

My mom had tried to calm me down but soon gave up.

Trish, who was, as always, late, rushed in 15 minutes after everyone else.

When I stopped pacing to greet her, she walked up to me and smiled.

"It's your big day!" she squealed. "How are you feeling?"

I chuckled nervously. "Like I'm gonna puke."

She laughed and gave me a bottle of Tums. "Well you better not. It wouldn't be fair for Austin to have to kiss someone with breath smelling like the pizza you had this morning."

I gave her a playful glare but ate one of the Tums anyway. I took deep breaths.

Trish sat down with me. "Listen, Ally. If you're having second thoughts-"

"I'm not!" I cut her off. "I'm so excited to marry Austin." It was the truth. I've known that Austin was the one for a long time. "The whole thing is just kinda...scary."

She nodded, seeming to understand.

"I mean this is forever. It's a little weird. But I do wanna marry him."

She smiled. "I can tell. You're crazy in love with each other."

I smiled, feeling a little better.

We went to go get into our dresses.

Austin's POV

I was trying and failing to tie my tie when my mom walked up to me.

"Need help, sweetie?" she asked, clearly suppressing a laugh.

I sighed and nodded. I turned and she tied it for me. I could see her watering.

"Mom," I chuckled softly. "You okay?"

She waved me off, sniffling. "I'm fine," she claimed. "It's dusty in here."

She teared up more and I pulled her into a hug.

She sighed and hugged me back. "My little boy," she sniffled. She pulled back and put her hands on my shoulders. "You're all grown up."

I smiled. "I'm not that grown up."

She chuckled but otherwise ignored my comment. "But I'm not worried. Ally's a great girl.

I nodded. "Yeah, she is."

We talked for a bit before Dez walked up. "It's time for us to head in," he told us.

I took a deep breath. "Okay. Let's do this."