Training (part 1)

Lance had just unlocked his new sword from his Bayard, and "Who better to train him than you!" Keith mocked in Shiro's enthusiastic, dad-like tone. When he was contacted at the b.o.m by Allura and Shiro about Lance's training, no doubt about it, Keith was taken by surprise. Lance and Keith didn't exactly see eye to eye. Despite that, Shiro knew Keith was quite skilled in the sword fighting department and thought it was a good excuse for the Raven haired boy to interact with his team mates.

"Are you sure this is the best idea, Shiro?" Keith crossed his arms raising an eyebrow.

"Listen, I know you and Lance aren't on the best of terms but this is important for him. He's shown a lot of growth and development since you left. Hell, he's even been working his ass off training, and you know better than I do how he is about that. He deserves this sword, just like you deserve to be with the team again." Shiro lectured, a distant look pledged him.

"I don't know Shiro, you know how he can...get, are you sure I have to train him?". Keith felt frustration bubbling up inside him, but he knew Shiro only wanted the best for Lance. Not to toot his own horn but Keith has been sword fighting since he can remember. As much as he hated to admit it he was glad that Shiro had called upon him for lances training. This would give them time to hang out with one another.

"Who better to train him than you! Look, will you just, promise me you'll help him out?." Shiro pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing. Keith took in a deep breath before sharply exhaling it and giving in to the inevitable.

"I won't let you down..." Shiro's eyes visibly lit up.

"Now there's the Keith I know. I'll see you then." He gave a warm smile right before Allura cut in.

"Keith, please do your best to get along with Lance. I know just how much of a handful he can be at times" She looked off to the side, fiddling with her fingers, then paused before saying, "but, I will admit he's...changed." She spoke in her broad accent. "Also, He can become a bit fragile when it comes to-" She paused again, why was she being so careful? "ah never mind, just-" She sighed. "Just be patient with him, ok?" The teen gave her a questionable look, he couldn't quite understand why she was so nervous, cutting her words off, fidgeting with her hands, averting her gaze. It wasn't like the calm, and collected princess he knew.

"...Sure thing Allura." Keith was snapped out of his thoughts when Shiro spoke.

"Princess it is time to go," Shiro said, beginning to become bored with the conversation.

"Oh, well then, best of luck to you Keith." After finishing their goodbyes, Coran practically dragged them out of the communication hub, to once again tend to their duties. Keith was exhausted, he immediately sunk to the floor. Just the thought of being stuck in a room with Lance all day for weeks at a time amused him. Not only that, he was so confused why Allura chose to be so careful with her word choices when it came to Lance.

Regaining whatever strength he had left in his body, he decided not to read into it as he lunged himself up off the ground, and made his way towards the showers. The roar of the water and the way it pelted his skin somehow placed him in a weird and twisted bliss, but Keith wouldn't question that either. Rather, he'd question how to get himself through his first day of training with Lance and not have a heart attack.

÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷÷

Keiths POV~

I looked up at the familiar structure towering over me. It's white metal grazed with blue and grey undertones bringing back a nostalgic feeling. While walking in I noticed a familiar scuff mark on the wall of the interior. I placed my hands on it remembering what meaning it withheld. The smallest smile crept up my face picturing the memory. I couldn't help but laugh a little.