Chapter 28 ~ Charlie won't cry

Exactly two weeks passed, and it was now once again a Saturday.

Lucifer had just announced his halloween party as taking place on the 28th of October, on a Friday night. On Saturday morning, when all the Novak siblings woke up, tensions were normal, except for Lucifer being pissed at Gabriel for pulling a mini-prank on him.

Gabriel had been pulling pranks left and right, because he was so happy and inspired. Sam actually loved him. What had started out as a simple date, what Gabriel expected to be a one or two time thing, ended up lasting over a month and a half already, with both Gabriel and Sam in love with each other. Gabriel had never completely fallen for someone before, so it was a foreign and wonderful experience for him.

Cas, meanwhile, couldn't get Dean off his mind. He kept wondering why, why couldn't he get his friend of his mind. I mean he usually thought of a few of his friends occasionally, but never this much before. He shrugged it off as nothing too important, and decided to think more on it another time.

Lucifer took off with Michael at 11, and Gabriel left at noon to meet up with Sam for another date. They had been having dates almost every weekend, and Gabriel was enjoying almost every minute of it. It was great to be able to go to all these places, but even better that he got to go with Sam. Sam was enjoying it too, more than he'd say.

At 1 pm exactly, Sam arrived at the park. Gabriel ran up to him and crushed him in a hug. "Sam!"

"Hey Gabe." Sam said with a laugh, looking at the overeager Gabriel. Gabriel had been in unusually high spirits, enough so that Sam and their entire history class had noticed. "You're insanely happy today, any reason?"

"Other than I get to be with my wonderful boyfriend?" Gabriel asked, tilting his head. "What could be better than that?"

Sam laughed and shook his head. He loved Gabriel, but he could be so silly sometimes. "I don't know Gabe. I don't know."

Gabriel laughed, holding his hand up to his cheek as he tilted his head. His eyes were squinted and full of such love and warmth, that it amazed Sam.

The love emanating from his eyes seemed to make them all the more beautiful. The golden color seemed to glow and the small hint of hazel beamed. Sam could stare at Gabriel's eyes forever.

The way Gabriel's eyes crinkled when he laughed, the way his mouth curved up when he smiled, it was all so breathtakingly beautiful to Sam. Gabriel seemed to notice Sam staring at him, and he cupped Sam's cheek with his hand.

"C'mon Samsquatch, we gotta go. We're gonna miss our movie." Gabriel whispered, a tone of caring and happiness in his voice. He had bought them both tickets for Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. Sam smiled and followed Gabriel all the way to the movie theater, where they bought soda and popcorn and candy. Gabriel had bought them tickets in the front row, so that's where they sat, talking and laughing until the movie started.

~~~~~

Dean had fallen asleep at 5 am, so he was still asleep by the time Sam left. Adam had gone off to the library as he did every weekend, and Dean was left alone, sleeping peacefully in his bed.

He woke up finally at 1 pm, still exhausted. He got up and immediately took his pills, before sitting down to watch TV. He knew Sam had a date today. Dean didn't mind Sam having a boyfriend (After all, he had now gotten used to it), he just hated that his brother was spending so much time with his boyfriend. Dean huffed in annoyance as the TV blared in the background.

Suddenly, a knock came at the door. Curious, Dean went and opened it, only to see Charlie standing at his doorstep, a large bag in her hand and two bags behind her. Her hair was disheveled and her eyes were red.

"I had a huge fight with my mom. I need to stay here for a week or two, is that okay? I have money to buy my own food and clothes and necessities, so you don't have to pay for me."

"Oh, uh, yeah sure." Dean spoke, letting her in. "We don't have a guest room so you'll either have to sleep on the couch or the floor of either mine or Sam's room."

"That's fine." Charlie sniffed, putting her bags by the couch. She rubbed her eyes, and when Dean handed her a tissue, she gladly took it. "Thank you."

"It's no problem at all." Dean said with a shrug. "I'll set up a bed for you on the couch, unless you want to sleep on my floor?"

Charlie shook her head, sniffing. "I'll stay on the couch." She took her phone out, using her phone's mirror to check her appearance before turning her phone off. "You sure your dad won't mind?"

"My dad is usually only home every other weekend. Even so, he just sleeps. As long as you're quiet when he's sleeping and you pay for your own stuff, he won't care."

"Ok. Thank you so much Dean." She spoke. Charlie was clearly trying to not cry. "I'm going to take a shower. Where's the bathroom again?"

Dean pointed Charlie to the bathroom, and she walked off, a clump of clothes in her hand. Dean watched her walk away, then returned to his show, hoping to cheer her up more after she got out of her shower.

Tbh I don't even know what I'm doing with the story at this point
~ Liz