Chapter 4 ~ First Lunch

The day passed too slowly for Dean, but luckily, it was finally his lunch period. He walked into the cafeteria to see Charlie waiting for him, Sam standing next to her. "Hey Dean!" She cried. "Come on, my friends are waiting to meet you."

Charlie led Sam and Dean to a table, where a few kids sat.

"Alright boys, these are my friends. We have Kevin, Bobby, Benny and Meg." Charlie introduced, gesturing to the four kids at the table, who each introduced themselves.

"Dean, Sam!" Bobby spoke suddenly, and both Sam and Dean's faces lit up.

"Bobby! It's you!" Dean spoke, hugging Bobby.
"You guys know Bobby?" Charlie inquired, and Bobby nodded.

"I was friends with them before they moved." Bobby explained. "I kept in contact with them for a while, but we lost contact three years ago."

"Oh wow, well that's great! Anyways, Meg and I were just talking about our Mythology class. We're already getting a project to do." Charlie explained.

"The teacher is awful." Meg spat, her voice laced with resent. "The class is amazing, but the teacher's awful. My friend had Mythology last year."

"You mean Ruby." Charlie spoke, and Meg nodded. "I don't know why you're even friends with her. She's always giving me an evil look, or teasing me in the halls."

"What? Why's this Ruby girl teasing you?" Dean asked suddenly.

"Because I'm gay. And don't worry, it's not exactly a secret. Pretty much the whole school knows, especially after a few kids publicly outed me. Not that I really cared, it would get out eventually." Charlie explained nonchalantly.

"Oh, really?" Dean asked. Charlie nodded.
"You don't mind, do you?" Charlie asked, and Dean shaked his head.

"Of course not." He stated, and Charlie smiled.

"Good. Luckily, I'm not ostracized at all here, but I still get a few weird looks." Charlie spoke, shrugging. "Anyways, what are your schedules like?"

The seven of them all exchanged schedules, talking and laughing. When laughter suddenly erupted at a nearby table, all but Sam and Dean seemed to take notice.

"What was that?" Sam asked, and Charlie tilted her head.

"It came from that table." Dean spoke, glancing at a table to the far left.

"Oh, that's the Novak table, don't mind them." Charlie stated.

"The Novak table?" Dean inquired, and Charlie nodded.

"The Novak siblings usually sit there, and boy are they a weird bunch. The laughter probably came from Gabriel. From what I can tell, he's like the third oldest or something. He's always playing tricks and pranks on people, and he laughs a lot. He's known as The Trickster."

"Seriously?" Sam asked, and Charlie just nodded.

"Mhm. He's always causing some sort of trouble." Meg added. "Thing is though, he's never caught. The whole school knows it's him, but the teachers can never pin him to anything. Though, there's a rumor that the principal is his aunt, but no one really knows. All we can say is that he's a damn good trickster."

"Are all the Novaks like him?" Dean inquired, and Meg shook her head.

"I know one of them, Cas. I dated him for maybe a week back in freshman year, for a dare. It was a shame though, he was actually pretty nice."

"There's also Raphael." Bobby interjected. "He's the second oldest from what I can tell. Quiet. Straight A's, mister goody two-shoes."

"How many siblings are there?" Sam asked.

"I know of five so far." Kevin stated.

"Who are the final two?" Dean asked.

"Lucifer and Balthazar."

"You have got to be kidding." Dean spoke. "There's a kid here named Lucifer?"

"Yep." Charlie replied. "He certainly lives up to his name, too. He's a troublemaker, and from what I heard, he was held back."

"Anyways," Benny interrupted, placing a hand in the middle of the table, "We should get back to whatever we had been talking about."

"Benny's right." Charlie spoke, and Sam and Dean just glanced at each other, intrigued.

~~~~~

"C'mon Sam, don't make me wait for you." Dean spoke as he saw his brother walking towards him.

"I had to get stuff from one of my teachers Dean, gosh." Sam stated.

"Was it from the cute one?" Dean asked, raising an eyebrow. Sam simply bitch-faced him, and Dean laughed. "Hey wait, where's Adam?" Dean suddenly asked, remembering his half-brother.

"He's riding the bus, remember? He told us he'd rather ride the bus to and from school." Sam explained.

Their half-brother Adam had just started high school with them. He always tended to keep to himself, never associating himself with neither Sam nor Dean. It's not that Adam disliked Dean or Sam, he just acted like that normally.

"Oh. Well, alright." Dean shrugged, opening the door to the Impala. Both he and Sam climbed into the car, and Dean drove them home. When they got home, they saw John wasn't home, as usual. He was such a workaholic and worked two jobs, meaning he was almost never home. Whenever he was, he was usually asleep, forcing Dean, Sam and Adam to stay as quiet as they could. Because of how little John was home, Dean, Sam and Adam were left to buy groceries or whatever they needed on their own.

Minutes after Dean and Sam got home, Adam also arrived home. He simply went to his room. Dean had gone out and gotten dinner for the three of them, while Sam sat watching TV. Dean came back with pizza for him and Adam, and a salad for Sam. Adam finally came out of his room, and the three brothers sat on the couch, watching whatever was on as they ate.

Hey guys! I decided to actually update again, so here's chapter 4! Also, Charlie in this story will end up with someone, but I'm gonna let you guys choose who she ends up with. If you have a person you want her to end up with, comment their name and I'll choose one. And if you want her to end up with Dorothy, I'll find a way to incorporate Dorothy into the story. Anyways, I'll see you guys again soon!
~ Liz