Chapter 18 ~ Swinging from trees

Later that day, Dean invited Cas, Charlie and Kevin to go with him to the park, while the others stayed at home with Sam. Charlie immediately ran to a tree and climbed up it. Kevin followed, climbing the same tree. Charlie screamed at Dean and waved her arms, frantically trying to get him to climb up the tree she was on.

"Are your friends usually this hyper?" Cas questioned, looking at Dean with an amused smile.

Dean laughed with amusement as he peered up at Charlie, who was still waving her arms."In that time I've known them, they have been. At least Charlie has, that is."

Cas smiled and even laughed a bit as Charlie once again screamed at Dean. Suddenly, she jumped from one of the branches and landed on the ground. As soon as she landed, she grabbed Dean by the arm and dragged him up the tree. Cas watched with amusement as Dean shakily climbed the tree. It was evident that he hadn't climbed a tree in a long time.

"Need some help up there?" Cas joked, his blue eyes bright and happy. A smile rested on his lips, and his head tilted the slightest bit to one side. Dean pouted irritably, staring at Cas with irritation present on his face. Cas laughed at Dean's irritated face.

"He's just being stubborn. He likes it plenty up here." Charlie affirmed, tugging at Dean's jacket. Her long red hair bounced off her shoulders, and her face was bright and happy. She sat perched on a thick branch, Kevin sitting a few feet from her. Dean sat with both legs over the side of the branch, clinging onto it with his arms. "You should join us up here, Castiel."

Cas sighed before grabbing onto the tree. He climbed up the tree with surprising ease, given how he rarely ever climbed trees. Then again, Cas had always had a decent amount of strength, which he used to pull himself up the tree.

Once he climbed up the tree, he climbed onto a different branch than the one Charlie, Kevin and Dean sat on. The branch he chose was thinner, but longer. A little girl also sat on the branch, her arms intertwined with a younger boy's arms, a boy Cas presumed to be her younger brother.

Children that were scattered around the park began climbing trees once they had watched Charlie, Kevin, Dean and Castiel do it. Multiple children, from the ages of 5 to the ages of 12 climbed the total of 13 trees that stood in the park. Charlie swung over the branch and held on with her legs, as she dangled upside down over the grass. Cas laughed as Charlie made funny faces while dangling upside down. Kevin too dangled upside down by his feet, but Dean simply latched onto the branch, not moving. He watched Charlie and Kevin with a mixture of irritation and worry on his face. Cas, however, watched with wonder.

After nearly a minute, Charlie leapt down to the ground. Kevin followed her, and fell to the ground, not nearly as gracefully as Charlie had. Charlie took off sprinting towards another tree, which she climbed up and hung upside down from. The children in the tree laughed as Charlie hung upside down, waving her arms in a joyful manner. She then sat back up on the branch and swung to another branch, clutching onto it tightly.

She then leapt down onto the ground, and continued to run from tree to tree. Dean managed to get down back onto the ground on his own, and was clearly grateful to be on solid ground again. Cas, however, remained in the tree, happy where he was.

Dean looked up at the tree, and the branch Castiel sat on. "Aren't you gonna come down? It's much safer on solid ground."

"I'm happier up here." Cas called, a smile present on his face. "All my worries are on the ground anyways. Plus, there's less people up here, and sure, there might be bugs, but I don't mind much."

"I don't see how you can be happier up there, but okay." Dean said with a shrug.

Cas watched as Dean walked over to Kevin, who was climbing up a tree about ten feet away. A few minutes passed before Cas finally climbed down from the tree. Charlie was over four yards away, running around with a group of children. Dean and Kevin were talking about something as they sat on a park bench.

Cas walked over to a vendor who just so happened to be in the park. Cas bought a churro from the vendor, and paid him with the money Cas always carried in his wallet. Cas happily ate his churro as he walked around the park some, watching the children and families that ran around. It was around 1 in the afternoon, and the sun was bright. Cas walked over to where Dean and Kevin sat and sat down with them. The three boys talked and talked, laughed and laughed, and soon Charlie joined them.

The four friends then continued to talk and talk, laugh and laugh until 5 in the evening, when they finally went back home.
Back at the Winchesters house, everyone was laughing and telling stories. Even John was sitting with everyone, although he simply watched everyone and said nothing. Cas talked with Sam about Gabriel, how happy Sam was making Gabriel. Cas also mentioned that Gabriel would likely start his pranks soon, and to be careful.

At 9 that night, everyone returned to their own homes, and Sam and Dean went to bed. With Sunday over, everyone anticipated the next day.

Today was my last day of school!!! Huzzah!!! No more ninth grade for me!!!
Anyways, I guess it's the hiatus for now until the fall. This is my first hiatus so lord help me ^^; 
Anyways, my brother's high school graduation is in about 4 and a half hours so I'm gonna have to get ready for that soon so I'm giving this to you guys now. Enjoy!
~ Liz