Chapter 12 - a emotional embrace

That night when it was a thunderstorm Knuckles laid there and thought, just because I am here against my will doesn't mean I can go without getting killed or...*sighs* either this or life ends here. Without knowing Sonic walked in with a dull expression with tears in his eyes daring to fall. Knuckles looked at him and said, hey...I didn't hear you come in....something wrong. Sonic just stood there before sitting next to Knuckles. Knuckles said as he wrapped an arm around him, what's the matter?...you look....sad...Sonic?... Sonic looked at him and said as he held his tears, stop it..will ya?...*Knuckles was confused* will ya quit calling me Sonic?...even if you know it's not my name you still call me that.....my real name is actually Hikaru....just in secret and all... Knuckles said as he looked away from his sad gaze, I noticed the pain and sorrow in your eyes.....Hikaru... Sonic flinched that Knuckles called him by his real name. Sonic just looked at him and said as he took his jacket off, *sighs* guess you care a little about yourself and others I'll give you that... Knuckles said, what I don't understand is why your so sad...you look like your...all alone. Sonic didn't look at him and said, it's because I am...despite having siblings that care I...I can't say it counts with your family...I've been dead inside for so long...these long years of practicing to torture, kidnap, and destroying spirits of everyone we have...I haven't got the slightest bit of telling anyone or talking to everyone...Destruction my youngest brother was the only one who supported me and looked up to me...*an image of Destructions smiling face* I was born to torment, kidnap, and rape victims along with my brothers and sisters...it was the only thing I was good at...back then I wasn't ready to torment anyone...yet...I only kidnap and place them in their cells...I was a natural...but Storm was jealous of me...after all I did for them...Storm and I got into a fight and I couldn't take it...I ran away that day...I thought if I couldn't be the one my parents want me to be...I might as well redeem myself...I was lone wolf on that day until all of you showed up...but after that fight and you all kicking me out...I ran into Storm...and yet I went back to the place I was meant to be...*images of his older brothers and sisters laughing playfully* my brother Manic opened my eyes to our destiny I was nothing but someone looking up to my older siblings...I immediately took a liking to it...but when we lost our parents a day after Destruction was brought to this world...I was the only one he saw first...along with the others...after their deaths we did whatever we could to carry our parents wishes and desires...I couldn't be more dead inside than anyone...now...*sighs* I am...all alone...as I always was... Knuckles was shocked about what he's saying... Knuckles pulls him close and said, but your not alone Hikaru...you never were...Hikaru I know how you feel and all but...you don't come close to being alone... Sonic looks at him with shocked eyes and said, what the hell gave you that idea...you don't know how hard it was...so what if you were alone...I have been alone despite my family. Knuckles said, Hikaru you may not admit it to yourself but your not alone and you never were...even if you were then why would we bother being your friends in the first place? Sonic gasped at what he just said and realized wha the meant. Sonic felt like he was going to cry as he felt Knuckles hand caressed his cheek. Knuckles said as he Sonic forced himself to look at him, it's not healthy to keep your emotions inside Hikaru...I know how you feel but...your really not alone. then tears spilled down his face as he felt his heart pounding slow. The rain poured harder as Sonic began to cry. Knuckles held Sonic tight. Sonic sobbed as Knuckles hushes him softly trying to calm the crying hedgehog down.. he sniffed as he felt the embrace of Knuckles chest while his heart skipped a beat or two...the rain poured down as Sonic cried more in Knuckles arms for 10 minutes.