Oh, this is gonna be fun

*Lauren’s POV*

Everyone was sitting around the living room watching some horror movie; I couldn’t tell you the title of. I was so distracted today and it didn’t help that Jimmy was glancing in my direction every 30 seconds. Matt had brought over his wife for the first time and his son, which was fine, but that means I couldn’t talk to anyone or make myself seen. Matt said that he didn’t really feel comfortable letting Steph know about me and Cass which was understandable. When he told me this though, it was kind of disheartening. Not that I was mad, just that, it was a reminder that I wasn’t like them; human. I was just a ghost, and unfortunately, that’s all I’ll ever be.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn’t notice everyone moving into the kitchen to eat lunch. I got up and headed towards the stairs not feeling up to just sitting in the kitchen when James walked over with his arms in the air.

“Up!” he said slightly jumping. Oh no, please tell me there’s someone behind me. I quickly turned to see if there was and sure enough, there wasn’t. Awesome. I have a 4 year old who can see me. I quickly disappeared into the bedroom choosing to ignore him. Harsh? Not if you think about it, I mean if I HAD picked him up what would Steph think? It would look like her son was just floating there.

*Jimmy’s POV*

We had all sat down at the table eating sandwiches that the girls had made when I noticed that Lauren was nowhere to be found. I sighed, was Cass right? I knew Lauren didn’t stay in the bedroom all night but was she really going into Zacky and Lisa’s room? The way she was looking at Lisa and Zacky earlier sure made it seem like Cass’s assumptions were right.

“Jimmy!” Steph yelled from across the table

“Yeah?”

“Are you okay?” she asked

“Yeah, why do you ask?”

“Well, for starters your sandwich has been destroyed…” she said and I looked down at my plate. I must have been ripping apart the bread while thinking because, sure enough, my sandwich looked like it had exploded.

“Mommy says you aren’t supposed to play with your food!” James giggled pointing at it

“Yeah? She also said pointing isn’t polite!” I shot back grinning

He gasped and covered his little mouth with his even smaller hand, “I’m sorry!!” he said and I walked over picking him up.

“Oohh, I guess I can forgive you!” I said tossing him up and down

“Do NOT drop him Sullivan!” Matt said sternly

“Chill out,” I laughed setting him down with his father who took him happily.

“Finish your lunch and then we can play some video games okay?” Matt said

“AFTER, you let me clean you up. You eat like your Uncle Jimmy.” Steph said and everyone laughed

“HEY! I’m not messy!!” I defended myself

“Jimbo…” Lisa said

“What?”

“You’ve got peanut-butter on your shirt…” Steph explained and I looked down at my black, now crusted with peanut-butter t-shirt.

“This…proves nothing.” I said walking off as everyone busted out into another round of laughter.

I walked into my room to find Lauren ‘sitting’ on the bed with her eyes closed.

“So… you wanna explain to me why you didn’t eat lunch with us?” I asked