Prologue

Disclaimer: This book is a work of fiction. Any reference to historical events, real people or real locales are used fictitiously. Other names, characters, places and incidents are the product of the author's imagination, and any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

All Rights Reserved. ©2014

----------------------------------------------------

A/N: This edited version shall be removed of any other Author's Note, except for the last one at the very end of the book. Any comments or votes and follows are truly appreciated. Please note that this is purely fictional. Please support us authors so we can feed your reading hugners even more.

Love, bookie (:

------------------------------------------------------

Jun's POV:

"Hey, Jun!" A voice called out to me. "You ready for practice later?"

I was walking down the hall with my head hung low; my thoughts were wandering about inside my head at what to do at home. Looking up, I shifted my eyes to a kid with short, blonde hair and blue eyes, who I believe was in the basketball team with me. I forgot what her name was, but I shot her a smile and nodded.

"Yeah, of course!" I replied enthusiastically as she ran off to the other girls as they squealed for no reason. I just smiled at the rest of them which made them squeal even louder; it made me half curious and at the same time, half annoyed. Mostly annoyed as to why they do that everytime.

Waving them bye, I went off with my head hung low once again as I walked through the halls of Avian James Academy. The halls were built out of the finest mahogany wood, that I could see my own reflection just by looking at it. It was marvelous school, but I couldn't help but feel that it was lacking something.

But what?

I let out a deep sigh as I exit the elementary building. The sun greeted me with a smile just above my head as I watched several students wearing the same dark green uniform as me, ran back into the building. They all ran towards the entrance, while some even stopped by to greet me and smile. I, of course, returned their greeting with my best smile.

I raised my wrist up to check the time, knowing full well that recess was about to end. As I turned about to head back inside, a glint caught my attention. I stood still, then squinted my eyes as I tried to see what it was that was reflecting the sun towards me.

Walking towards it, I bent down and picked it up; the dirt from the soft grass stuck onto the fine, black plastic frames that were very well kept. I stood up and looked around, then wondered if anyone dropped this. I examined it once more and was about to call out to someone, but realized that everyone must have reached class by then.

Letting out a soft sigh, I took a piece of tissue from my skirt pocket and cleaned the glasses off of dirt. With much delight, I raised it towards the sky as the sun's rays passed through the lens. I felt really happy and content that I was able to clean it off of such a fine piece of frames.

Turning around, I was about to head back to class when I heard soft sobs coming from the back of the building. A lump rose up in my throat, I felt a bit shaken by the sudden sobbing that came almost out of nowhere. I held my blazer, hoping to calm my nerves as I approached the sound of the sobs.

As I slowly turned the corner, I poked my head out from the wall. My eyes widened in admiration as I saw a beautiful girl with strawberry blonde hair, bent down and crying silently under the shade of a tree.