Chapter 1: Peeta

Katniss POV

Once I wake up in the morning, I get dressed, and walk down stairs. I see Peeta cooking eggs. Peeta's been coming over a lot lately too help cook breakfast. Once the eggs are done, he waves me to come sit and eat. We eat in silence, and when I'm done cleaning the dishes, he asked me something , that I haven't really thought about that much. "I love you, and I want you to answer me truly. Do you love me, as much as I love you?" I think about it a minute, then the next thing I know, I'm pushed against the wall. Once that's over, he decides to go home, wash up, and take a try at hunting. For a minute, I think it's a bad idea, then I say ok. I take a shower, get in my hunting clothes, and walk over to his house. I haven't been there in a while, so once he tells me to come in, I just stare at everything for a moment. Everything looks the same, I almost ask him why, but I decide not too.

Once we make it to the fence, that's supposed to be high in voltage, I simply show him how I slip under, and he does the same. I show him the lake and we decide to sit there a moment, admiring the beauty. I get up, and walk over to the willow tree, where my bow and sheath of arrows are. I have a spare one hidden in the strawberry bush, which I grab for Peeta to use. I don't have a extra sheath of arrows, so we divide mine equally. I tell him to shoot at a tree, that we know call ' The Stupid Tree', because every time Peeta missed the tree, he'd scream at the tree and call it stupid. After 2 hours he finally hit the tree. We decided to call it a day. Once I got home, took yet another shower, and got dressed, the phone rang. I answered to a joyful, Peeta. I asked what was going on and he told me to come to his house. It's been 4 months since Peeta's been back in district 12, and for some odd reason, I feel that he's gone nuts.

I leave my house to walk over to his, and right when I step on the porch, the front door swings open. Peeta's kneeling, like he would as if he was proposing, he was saying things, but I was to busy thinking. When I come back in to the real world, I here the final 2 words. " Marry me?" That's when I realize, he was proposing. I kneel do in front of him and say a word that will change my life forever. " Yes." He pulled me inside, and sat me down on the couch, pulled out a ring, and slipped it on my finger. I kissed him, then he kissed me. Apparently, he has already been thinking about this, and asked if I would want to live in my house, or his. I said mine, because I don't feel like moving. I told him, " you can move I. Whenever you want." " How's tomorrow?" He said, I was shocked that he said that early, but I don't think I showed it. If I did, he didn't say anything. I walk back to my house, stunned. It was 10:30. To late to call mom and tell her. Right when I lay down in bed, I fall asleep.