Task Four - The Search

The group are on the move. Haggard and drained, the cluster of eleven bears almost no resemblance to the peak-condition twenty eight who arrived in the Capitol days ago. They are silent as they trudge along, weapons primed, as the centre of the Capitol looms closer.

Behind them, another pyre burns.

Pyrite Mendelax, Thorn Deen, Andrew Carr, Daniel Henderson.

***

Everything is quiet in the theater as the four remaining Gamemakers sit and wait. The only sound is that of Kalea flitting back and forth between scenes, keeping an eye on everything. The other three have long since fallen into stillness. While the canned goods have been enough to satisfy their stomachs, they don't compare to the real meals they haven't had in so long. Only Alithia seems completely unfazed as she stares into the darkness, her mind forming and rejecting plans constantly.

"They're moving!"

Pandora raises an eyebrow as the others head towards the screen. The rebels have been stationary in Glory Square for so long that it seems difficult to believe that they are making their way again through the streets. Elpis almost hurries to reach the screen, his calmness cracking with the excitement of finally doing his job. Pandora sweeps forwards with her usual ethereal grace. Alithia takes her time, aware that there is no rush. There is nowhere the rebels can go where the Gamemakers will not be able to see them.

Elpis is the first to talk. "Miss Warwell, should we stop them?"

"No. The further we draw them in, the deadlier the Capitol gets. The closer they get, the more their hope will grow...and the more poignant it will be when it is destroyed."

Kalea looks away from the screens for a mere second, enough to make eye contact with the President.

"Um. Ali- Miss Warwell? You might want to see where they're going..."

By this point Pandora has reached the screen, intrigued by the discussion ahead of her. The scene she is observing is dreary, with dark columns she would recognize anywhere littering the ground. Once, the place these few rebels are entering had been one of the most celebrated parts of the Capitol. Now, it is in barely recognizable ruins.

Kalea is the one to ask the question on everyone's minds, her voice for once devoid of its usual infectious liveliness. "Is that...?"

"Yes."

Task:

- Your character and another have entered a Capitol building of some importance. What that importance is is up to you.

- Your partner will be assigned to you. While you do not have to work together, characterization is a big part of this task. We recommend you study their forms and past entries. Partners will be assigned on the next chapter. There will be one group of three.

- Four will die. Six will be put up for votes.

- Word Limit: 1,500 words.

- Deadline: 10 PM BST, Friday the 18th of July.