“I’m back. I couldn’t find carrots or anything so—“ The wolf paused as he took in what the bunny was doing.

Chip stood on his tiptoes, dusting the top of Xander’s wardrobe, arms stretched high above his head—a shirt he borrowed slipping way too high for the wolf’s imagination.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I-I’m sorry!” The human with the ears and tail of a bunny whipped around quickly, holding the duster behind his back guiltily as he looked at his feet. “I…I was just cleaning…”

The wolf narrowed his eyes just a little. “Why would you do that? You’re not trying to steal are you?” He dropped a bag of vegetables on the counter, stalking closer to his prey.

“I—no! O-of course not…I just…saw that there were clothes lying around and…I-I’m not saying your lair is messy—U-um, I just—“

Xander glanced around his cave, and indeed, found a stark difference between his departure and arrival.

The bed was nicely made, the fur rugs arranged in a tidy manner, the floors were void of stray clothing—and instead were folded neatly into a pile on the sofa.

Chip was still standing shyly to a side, shuffling his feet nervously as his bunny ears twitched in discomfort. Xander caught the guilty, embarrassed expression on his prey’s face, and something stirred in him.

“Thanks. I guess,” The wolf shrugged, hardened face softening just a little. He proceeded to pass the bag of vegetables to the bunny.

“Lettuce. And some cherries. That’s all I got.”

Chip’s face lit up, and he raised his gaze to give his companion the brightest smile he could manage. “Thank you so much!”

Xander wondered how someone could be so happy over a small bag of greens—the thought of the stalks and leaves made him feel like puking—or rather, how this small creature’s smile resembled an Angel’s. Beautiful, captivating, almost soothing.

Were all smiles like that? He wondered.

Turning to the mirror beside his bed, Xander forced his lips into an upward stretch.

Nope. Definitely not.

He turned back to the adorable figure seated cross-legged on the sofa, nibbling on his lettuce.

Then why is his smile so magical?

He couldn’t understand.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The wolf found that his prey was surprisingly obedient. Not only did he not complain about being captured in a dark, cold cave, the bunny-shifter seemed to busy himself with cleaning his house.

It was evident to Xander that apparently, his captive was rather attractive, and knew how to please people easily.

He eyed the soft, milky skin on Chips’ exposed thighs—wondering how sweet they would taste. The bunny padded around the cave, dusting, sweeping, folding, rubbing.

Xander caught himself thinking how great it would be if there was someone to do that for him every day.

“Hey, come over here,” The dominant said in a naturally authoritative manner.