Chapter 2

A/N: Here it is! Sorry for the wait!

Baked Love: Sunshine Buttercream

I managed to rush home just in time for peak hour. Rose and Coco were bustling around—Coco at the cash register while Rose and Gretel were in the kitchen producing batch after batch of fresh bread and pastries. We were terribly shorthanded and I was already late so I hastily slipped on my apron and got to work. 

"Chip could you help with the piping of the cupcakes? I'm pretty occupied with this pre-ordered cake here," Rose called, pointing to the rack of cooling Red Velvets.

I nodded; filling two piping bags with cream cheese and finished the batch in a minute. I was good at it but not as good as Rose was. My specialty was bread actually—bread and cakes. 

"Gretel is the oven pre-heated?" I called across the kitchen. 

"No not yet!" Gretel could not look away from her pies, she was too busy with the crust.

"Sorry could you do it now?" 

Coco burst through the door of the kitchen, "WE NEED THE CUPCAKES LIKE, NOW."

Everyone was mixing and pouring and decorating as fast as possible; but we were still short-handed. This was just a typical day at the bakery—not to mention, I spent most of the time after school doing this (hence my lack of friends and school activities...oh and um, half-assed homework). 

"Where the hell is Hansel?!" Gretel shouted up the stairs to the shop house above. 

"Not here!" Came a reply from her twin. 

Gretel could only roll her eyes and curse under her breath. "I'll kill him later." 

"I'm done!" I exclaimed in relief after placing a small marzipan heart on the last cupcake, quickly handing the tray of perfectly-piped Red Velvets to Coco. 

"Great job!" Scurrying back to the cash register, I heard her apologize. "I'm so sorry to have kept you waiting—"

I moved on swiftly to the loaves of pumpkin bread—our best seller, but not until six in the evening when the aunties come in. 

"Chip I need your help with the cake fondant here!" Rose pleaded. 

I sighed. This was going to be another long day. 

*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~~*~*~*~

I flopped onto my bed; completely exhausted. Resting the back of my hand across my eyes to shield the light from the ceiling, I began to think about...Xander. No no no no I didn't mean that—I was thinking about homework. Yes I was just thinking about the Home Economics project that's all! Ha-ha-ha... 

Oh dear. I-I should really get a grip on myself.

I mean, why would I even think about him?

Laughing quietly to myself, I was convinced that a tiny crush wouldn't matter anyway. I simply had to be careful—ensure that it wouldn't be a repeat of horrible middle school.