Chapter 14

A/N: Hi my darlings! I’m terribly sorry for the delay for an update—the past week was filled with my exams *cries* So I tried lengthening this chapter as much as possible. Love you all. A great big hug to beloved DoubleA for her constant support and this awesome poem she wrote on the comments in my previous chappie. Cheers!

Chapter 14: Troubles, Rumors, and Detention.

Xander’s POV

Tastes like strawberries. ;)

I typed, smirking at the thought of Chip’s reaction as I flung my mobile onto the mattress, stripping down and getting ready for sleep.

I sighed, contented.

The taste of his lips lingered for what seemed like forever.

My phone buzzed.

His reply was fucking adorable:

!!!

Just that.

My thoughts began to wander—an image of a blushing mess named Chip surfacing easily. 

“Xandie—why’re you smiling?” Giselle’s voice sounded beside the doorframe of my room. I sat up, startled.

“No. No I wasn’t.”

“Yes! Yesyesyesyes!” Giselle pouted, cradling a pillow in her arms.

I rolled my eyes. “Go to sleep lil’ girl, there’s school tomorrow,” Ruffling my sister’s soft hair, I gently propelled her towards her room.

“Nooo! Why Xandie smiling—“ Giselle grabbed the doorframe and dug her nails into it, “Why why why why whaaaiiii!”

I groaned.

“Go to sleep Giselle! Don’t you come complaining to me tomorrow about being tired—“

“It must be! Must be Chocolate Chip right?” Giselle pried stubbornly, clinging onto the doorframe.

I froze.

“W-What--?”

“Xandie and Chippie sittin’ under a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g~” My sister sang.

“You lil’—“ I lunged at her.

“Gyaaahaha! Kiss kiss kiss!” She pranced around, singing at the top of her voice.

“Oi, come here,” I tackled the small figure, swooping her up in a bridal style as she laughed and screamed.

“Put me dooooown—“

SILENCE!

I froze, and Giselle ceased her playful squirming.

Our landlord stood at the edge of the stairs, fixing a heated glare at the two of us. He stormed over, puny eyes accessing the situation.

What do you think you’re doing in the middle of the night?!” His face swelled up (like a puffer fish, Giselle would say) as it turned red with anger. The wooden floorboards creaked under his weight as he inched closer.

“Fucking ungrateful brats—I’m not forgetting your three months’ worth of rent you hear me?” He shoved a fat, ruddy finger right at my face, but didn’t get too close. I was one fucking head taller than him.