Chapter 20

A/N: Soo it's close to midnight here, and I'm so sorry for those of you who have been waiting >_< I'm such a bad person ;__; Here it is! Enjoy my darlings~ and by the way, I have a feeling that Kim is taking over the world o.o

Chapter 20: Smiles, Pranks, and Fouls

[Chip]

Ace's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and he stepped back from Xander's hard gaze.

"Um...d-did I say something wrong? Sorry if I offended you—" Ace began, and he actually seemed sincerely apologetic.

Uwah, is he really Vicky's brother?

Xander's face showed no expression.

"Go away. And don't you dare touch Chip again." His eyes were fierce with warning, his tone dangerously soft as he pulled me back against his chest.

A strong heat rose to my cheeks and I quickly lowered my head to the ground.

"Don't say I didn't warn you, I might—might just accidentally kill you."

"On purpose," Xander added, smiling a little.

Oh no, I think Kim is taking over the whole world. Now Xander's acting like her.

Ace gulped. "Okay. I'll just...go..."

I raised my head a little, just to take a peek.

I'm not sure if Xander saw it, but I was sure that Ace had a smile on his face before he left.

An awfully sad smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Xander]

I glanced at Chip, the tight knot in my chest easing just a little as the Ashton kid jogged back to his group of friends.

"Angel, if you want to learn Volley you could have asked me you know," I commented, turning to the small frame in front of me.

Then I realized that Chip's eyes were slightly glazed over—as if they weren't focused.

"Chip? Are you okay?"

Still, he didn't reply.

"Chip?" My tone was urgent as I squeezed his shoulders gently.

My angel's head snapped up, and his gaze focused on me. "Yes?"

I slapped a hand to my face in relief. "You scared me there—are you alright? Is it too hot under the sun?"

Honestly, this is one of the very few times I actually cared for someone. I don't even think I've heard myself say those words ever before.

Chip shook his head gently, and smiled. "I'm fine, really. Thank you, I'm sorry I made you worried..."

I realized that Chip was looking at me but he wasn't seeing me. His thoughts were still somewhere else.

And that was the first time he didn't stammer.

"Hey, why don't we get you some sunblock? Your skin's starting to have a pinkish tint," I chuckled, a dirty idea forming unconsciously in my head.