Chapter 11

X A V I E R  J O N E S

"okay..." she sighed.
she stood there for a second looking like she was debating on telling me or not.
"audrey, you know you can tell me." i told her.
"i know, it's just." she paused. "i don't want you to think different of me."
"i won't, i promise and i won't get mad." i reassured her.
she lifted up her shirt slowly to reveal her cut up sides, that she clearly did to herself.
"oh my god." i said quietly, running my fingers along her sides.
"please don't get mad." she pleaded.
"i'm not mad. i'm just shocked." i replied. "why do you do it?"
"i don't know, life just kinda sucks right now. i mean, the whole parent situation and the bullying just kinda gets a lot." she responded putting her shirt back down.
"when was the last time?" i asked looking at her.
"a week ago. it doesn't have to be a big deal." she replied sitting on the edge of my bed.
"it's kinda a big deal, audrey, it could lead you to kill your self." i told her.
"i'm not going to, xavier, and you said you wouldn't get mad." she said.
"and i'm not mad, but i can't just brush aside that you cut yourself." i replied.
we talked it out for awhile and decided to go to the whyte wyrm, since she wanted to see. when we walked in, we were greeted by jamie.
"jones and snipper." he smiled.
"brickston." i replied, returning his last name.
"you owe me twenty dollars, man." he said.
"what do you mean?" i asked.
"the kiss. skye told everyone, was she kidding?" he replied.
"oh my god." audrey said.
"oh, shit, she wasn't lying." he smirked.
i took out twenty dollars from my wallet and gave it to him then walked over to skye. 
"why the fuck would you tell everyone?" i asked.
"i don't know, i didn't realize it was a big deal." she responded.
"uh, yeah, it's a big deal. jesus, skye, you are such a snitch." i told her. "you don't have the right to inform everyone on my dating life."
audrey came up and grabbed my hand, luckily because i would've started yelling.
"okay, it doesn't have to be a big deal, vier." she said. "come on."
she got me to come with her and we were walking around.
"jesus, i'm sorry, rey, i know you wanted to keep this a secret." i said.
"no, it's okay. i already get messed with." she replied.
my mom came rushing over to us completely freaking out.
"did you guys hear?" she asked.
"hear what?" i replied confused.
"your dad and grandfather got put in jail, they found out." she replied.
i quickly grabbed audrey's hand and walked us both out of the whyte wyrm.
"why is he in jail?" she asked.
"because they fucking killed someone." i replied. "can you run?"
"really fast, yeah." she responded.
"catch your breath, we're running to the police office." i told her.
we both sprinted the whole way they and when we finally got there, i ran up to the desk.
"i'm here for jughead jones." i said out of breath. "i'm his son."
"i need proof that you're his son." she replied.
i showed her my school ID and she let me go back to see him, while audrey waited.
"xavier, what are you doing here?" my dad asked when he saw me come in.
"oh my god, you guys got caught." i said, ignoring his question and running my hand through my hair.
"must've had fingerprints or someone saw something." he told me.
"yeah, but why fifteen years later?" i asked.
"i don't revenge maybe." he sighed. "how's your mom doing?"
"not well, she can't loose you." i replied.
i thought of who would say something to the police to get us in deep trouble, until it hit me.
jackson had to have.
he's the one to call to tell me, it makes sense.
"i've got to go." i said.
i quickly rushed out and audrey stood up.
"we're going to the ghoulies bar." i told her.
luckily, it was close, so we could walk while i explained the whole situation to her. when we got there, i walked in carefree, even though i knew serpents were not allowed.
"xavier jones." jackson said jumping off of the bar counter. "oh, and audrey snipper."
"why the fuck would you do that?" i asked. "i get it, you hate me, but this is crossing a line."
"what is?" he asked genuinely not knowing what i was talking about.
"you seriously don't know?" i questioned.
"i literally have no clue what you're talking about." he replied. "you're damn right i hate you, but i don't know what you're accusing me of."
"what the fuck." i said quietly.
"look, i'm going to save your ass by taking you somewhere else to talk because if you stay here longer, you're going to get beat up." he told me.
he took us outside and we sat at an old picnic table.
"i'll help you, jones, but you have to answer my question first." he said. "are you two actually dating?"
"oh my god, we are. now tell us who the fuck did it." audrey replied.
"okay, okay, chill. what are you even accusing me of?" he asked.
we told him about the whole situation, but didn't tell him that they actually did it.
"that's so fucked up." he said. "wait, do you guys have a serpent named mickey?"
"we had one, but he disappeared out of the blue." i replied.
"the other day, a guy named mickey came in and said you kicked him out. he helped them with the killing of your grandfather and told us all about it, so i told you. the other day, mickey was gone. no where to be seen. i'm telling you everything i know, so you're welcome." he told us.
"guess we've got to find the guy who got my dad put in jail." i replied starting to stand up.
"xavier." audrey said sitting me back down. "my dad's name is mickey."
"you're joking?" i asked.
"mickey snipper, i'm not joking." she replied.
"well, fuck." i said

. . .

feel free to comment suggestions! 💗