Chapter 10

The blinding light from the room made him slow down. Once his vision was clear he saw 2 swaddled bundles being held in the pods, the glass shield down. The others watched him draw closer with a smile, backing up a little to give the man some room.

Both babies were awake and moving around a little in their swaddled blankets. Their chestnut eyes open, looking around their makeshift bed, making small cooing noises.

The Black paladin just stood there in shock, they were awake, they looked healthy, and they looked beautiful.

Allura walked over and picked up the girl, she handed her over to Shiro. He blinked, quickly getting out of his daze and maneuvered his arms to hold the baby correctly. Coran then took the boy and let Shiro hold him in his other arm.

He was at a loss for words.

All he was able to do was smile and take in the miracle Pidge brought him.

"They're vitals are as strong as a baby Klanmüral's." Coran said happily.

Shiro smiled even more and let out a bit of a chuckle. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. They really did luck out. He was informed of the risks during a premature birth. He thought he lost Pidge and he thought he would have lost his children as well, but thankfully the universe had other things planned.

"Hey guys," He softly cooed. "I'm your father."

The others smiled, Keith put a hand on his adoptive brother's shoulder. Hunk was even in tears at the beautiful sight.

"What names did you and Pidge pick?" Keith asked looking down at his nephews.

"I think it's best if we both told you."

———

They all went into Pidge's room, when she was awakened by the sound of clattering feet, she was illuminated at the sight of her children. Tears instantly ran down her cheeks as she sat up against the wall of her bed, with the pillow supporting her lower back, reaching for her son and daughter.

She was still in recovery, her muscles being weakened from healing so she was only able to hold one. She held the girl, brushing her fingers on her cheeks as she stared at the matching chestnut eyes.

"They've been curious as to what we named them." Shiro informed.

Pidge looked at him then the others with a smile and a slight giggle. "Well the boy's name is a bit long. We thought we were getting 2 boys, one to name after my brother and the other after my dad. But since we were only given one, we combined it." She paused.

"Everyone meet Samuel Mathew Shirogane Holt."

"And what about the girl?" Lance asked.

Shiro answered this one, "Hana. It means flower or blossom, in Japanese."

"Those are beautiful names. Congratulations you 2." Allura complimented with a smile.

Pidge and Shiro looked at one another in delight and then looked down at their kids; the most precious thing the universe could ever bless them with.

"Now can I hold them?" Lance asked eagerly.

"Relax dude, Pidge just got them." Hunk said.

"I know I know, but I haven't gotten a chance yet. They need to see their best uncle!"

They all laugh together at Lances desperate attempt to hold the twins. Eventually he did get his turn -everyone felt satisfied with how complete their family was. They welcomed the knew recruits to Team Voltron with open arms and a whole lot of kisses.