Chapter 2

Pidge was hunched over the toilet bowl, retching and vomiting non stop. She felt so sick, but she doesn't remember eating anything to make her feel this bad, and she wasn't exposed to any strange substances or bacteria as of late.

Her grown out bangs stuck to her sweat covered face. She was as pale as Allura's hair! When Shiro saw this, he knew something wasn't right. He immediately entered the room and knelt by the young girl's side, rubbing her back as she retched again.

"Don't Shiro," she tiredly said, whipping her mouth with the back of her hand. "It's not pretty to watch..."

"I don't care about that, I care about you. Will you be okay?"

Pidge nodded weakly, resting her head on the rim of the seat and her shaky hands grabbing the sides trying to fight the unstoppable waves of nausea, "yeah...yeah I'll be fine. I just need a minute."

Shiro nodded in response and stood up. "I'll go get you some water."

"Thanks.."

It wasn't long after when Shiro returned with a glass in his hand, along with people tailing behind him. Pidge was sitting her back against the wall, with her knees to her chest. She looked up and saw all their worried faces.

"They just wanted to come see how you were doing." Shiro noted.

"Yeah," Lance started. "So, how are you feeling?"

"Still a little queasy, but better than earlier." Pidge smiled softly at their kind gesture. Shiro handed her the glass and saw Pidge take careful sips. She really didn't look good at all -her face all pale and clammy, her hands shaking as she held the cup. She may have been feeling better, but her appearance didn't show it. And it seems the others noticed as well.

"I would still like to check your vitals, Pidge. Just to make sure this is nothing serious." Allura advised.

Pidge would have argued because she didn't like being fussed over, she hated to worry everyone, but was to tired to. So she simply nodded and put the class on the closed toilet lid. She slowly began to stand, with Shiro helping her, until her legs gave out right under her. If Shiro wasn't there, she would have face planted on the floor.

"Woahh there." He held the limp girl closely in his arms. She passed out right on him and would make a weak moan here and there, almost inaudible. "Pidge, hey. Can you hear me? Pidge!" He brushed his hands through her sweat soaked hair to push it out of her face. Her eyes were shut, brows furrowed like she was in pain, something was defiantly wrong.

"Let's hurry to the infirmary." Allura said.

Shiro nodded and picked up the girl with one hand on her back and the other one under her knees.

——————————

They changed her out of her armor to a white body suit and placed the green paladin in a cryogenic rejuvenator, or healing pod, as the Earthlings called them, and watched the screen appear on the small pillar in the center of the room. Allura and Coran looked through everything; her blood pressure, pulse, respiratory rate, white blood cell count, etc. Thankfully the anatomy of an Altean was fairly close to a humans, the only difference was that the immune system of an Altean was stronger than the average human, so Coran and Allura don't necessarily get sick like the others do.

"Anything, Princess?" Shiro asked worriedly as he faced them after looking at Pidge's sleep-full state.

"So far there is nothing unusual. She appears to have low blood pressure, which would account for the fainting. Other than that she's-" Allura stopped and gasps softly right as she was speaking. Her eyes widen as she stared at the screen showing an ultrasound of Pidge's abdominal cavity.

"What? What is it?" Shiro asked.

"Is she okay?" Hunk asked, his tone clearly showing worry as it quivered.

The princess nods in response. "Yes she is, she is just.. well I think it's better if you all see yourselves." Allura didn't know how to put it onto words. She was in a mix of shock and joy.

She enhanced the image of the ultrasound on the hollow-pad to show the others what she saw. Lance recognizing it immediately -gasps and smiles. It takes a minute, but the others soon catch onto it as well.

"Is..Is that what I think it is?" Shiro asks, stuttering with a slight grin on his face.

"It sure is, dude!" Lance answered. "You're gonna be a dad!"

"And with 2 little ones no less." Coran pointed out at the screen where 2 little oval like objects floated in Pidge's uterus. They were growing babies alright. Shiro and Pidge were going to be a mother and father to twins.

Shiro was grinning like Pidge when she was astonished by the castle's advanced technology. He was going to be a father to 2 beautiful children. They never really thought of having kids, in all honesty the thought frightened them when they first talked about it. They never thought they were ready to be parents, and even if they were, they wouldn't be very good at it, not to mention they're in the middle to an alien war.

That's right! They were in a war. After hearing the news Shiro was smiling, but now that it was all beginning to sink in -he and Pidge can't take care of 2 kids. It's too dangerous, how will they be able to raise them? Space is no place to raise a child, not to mention while they were in the heat of battle. And they don't even know how to raise a baby, it's not like they had a guide for diaper changing and bottle feeding in the paladin code.

"Don't worry dude, we'll help you." Hunk said, putting a calm hand on his shoulder. Shiro looked at him, realizing he must have been saying his thoughts out loud.

"Yeah, I helped raise my younger siblings, nieces and nephews. I can teach you all the basics on baby handling." Lance said with confidence.

"And Coran and I can handle all the infant needs. A nursery, clothing, diapers, everything you will need will be right in the castle." Allura volunteered.

Receiving all the kind gestures and calm faces, Shiro began to worry less. He nodded and thanked his friends for their help.

Now there was just one thing to do: telling Pidge the news.