Chapter 5

~6 months later~

Pidge looked at herself in the mirror. For only 6 months she's changed a lot. Aside from her stomach already showing through from the growing twins, her hair was grown out passed her shoulders and she started wearing dresses again. They were the easiest to put on and off -her small physique made her stomach show a lot more than she thought, so bending to put on her usual shorts and sneakers were hard.

If anyone guessed, she probably looks 9 months pregnant than she would 6.

As the green paladin continued to observe herself, she tilted her head to the side thinking. She hasn't had long hair, worn dresses and basically have been an actual girl since she joined the Garrison.

At first it was a little awkward considering the guys never saw that side of her, but over time they, including herself, started to grow on it. It reminded Shiro of what she used to look like before he and Matt left for Kerberos.

"Everything okay?" Shiro asked as he entered the room.

Pidge nodded with a pout, her gaze never leaving the mirror. "Yeah, just still getting use to it I guess. You'd think I wouldn't show this much at 6 months. I'm basically a walking balloon! I mean I knew I was going to show at least a little but this is ridiculous." She rambled.

"We'll you are carrying twins after all." Shiro smiled and planted a kiss on the young girl's cheek bending to her level from behind her. "Come on, a friend of yours is eager to meet you."

"Really? Who?"

"You'll see." He replies with a smirk.

The paladins only had a few distress calls within the year and thankfully haven't run into any Galra fleets while traveling through space, so they never needed Voltron. With Pidge out of commission, fighting without Voltron would be hard and if the Galra learned that they can't form the giant robot, Zarkon was sure to send trouble.

For now the Castle of Lions rested upon Olkarion, they needed to restock on parts to fix the ship and make improvements on the defenses. It was also a surprise for Pidge. After their first visit to the planet, Pidge really connected with the Olkari. With being the Guardian of the Forest and all, they taught her many things about nature and technology she never would have thought of. It was thanks to them Pidge's bond with her lion was stronger than ever, and including her bond with nature -this made her power stronger.

"Ryner!" Pidge gasps and smiles seeing the new leader of the Olkari as she walked out of the castle.

"Hello Pidge, it is good to see you again. And you have my congratulations." The alien responded, shaking her hand while looking at Pidge's over grown stomach.

"Thanks."

"I'll leave you 2 to catch up." Shiro started. "I'm gonna go check on the others."

"Of corse." Ryner said.

Pidge watched Shiro leave and then turned her attention toward Ryner. She had a goofy smile on her face and wasted no time in conversation. "So tell me, what new tech have you guys invented? Are some people still living in the forest? Have you found a way to create new weapons using the head pieces, 'cause I think if the electrical impulses send off a stronger signal the weapon should be more powerful, right? I mean its just a hypothesis but it's worth a try to test it out. Thought I'm still in the figuring of how we can do it."

Even at 20 years old, Pidge was still the same inquisitive girl they know and love. Ryner just watched as the girl rambled on about the mix between technology and nature and what new discoveries can unfold.

Ryner laughed at the young girl's enthusiasm. "There will be plenty of time to explain. But for now, I would like to here how you have been doing. With little ones on the way, it can not be easy being a Paladin of Voltron."

"It's not, but the guys and I have worked it out. Though Green wishes to be flown once in a while."

"The connection between you and your lion is incredible. I can sense how close you 2 are with one another."

Pidges nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but that wouldn't be thanks to you. I've never been an out doors person but since the link between my lion and I got stronger, I actually understand how important nature is just as much as technology, and how we're all connected to it. It's like you said, 'We're all made up of the same cosmic dust'."

"Indeed. I learned the same thing when the Galra invaded our home. We adapted our skills and learned that technology is not just metal and stone. You truly have became the Guardian of the Forest. All life that inhabits this world now looks to you." Ryner put a hand on the green paladin's shoulder with a proud smile on her face, making Pidge blush at the compliment.

She never planned on becoming a guardian of the forest, neither did the others with their elements. It was a big surprise for all of them.

"Come you must be famished. My people are preparing a dinner in honor of you and your friends for all you have done for the Olkari." Ryner said as she led the pregnant paladin to the large building at the center of the city.